HR Business Partner
Are you looking to take the next step in your HR career? Are you excited to join a company filled with household names? Reach PLC are home to national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express and the Daily Star, and OK! magazine. We also boast an extensive portfolio of regional titles and websites UK-wide.
We're looking for an HR Business Partner (Full time or part-time) to join our Canary Wharf head office, with some national travel. Working as a critical friend and strategic partner for our Solutions, Finance, Technology, IT, Legal and ReachWork business functions, you'll provide support, share best practice and drive change across the business.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Building strong relationships with the business function senior managers, supporting them and acting as a critical friend
- Provide organisational development, change management expertise and a value-adding partnership to the business function
- Diagnosis of critical issues affecting the business function, preventing or blocking them achieving their aims/strategic goals.
- Facilitating change and culture initiatives
- Working with the Talent Centre of Excellence identify training needs within the business function, develop and deliver training solutions, particularly around management capability
- Driving the talent agenda for the business area working closely with the Talent Centre of Excellence to develop and implement sustainable talent and succession plans.
- Working with the internal resourcing team, provide sponsorship and drive the execution of a cohesive talent acquisition strategy that focuses on attracting, retaining and developing talent across key business functions
- Work with the Reward Centre of Excellence to review the compensation and benefits offering and ensuring it is fit for purpose across all areas.
The Ideal Candidate
You'll be a progressive HR thinker with a pragmatic approach to resolving issues. You will have outstanding communication skills, confidence in public speaking and with the ability to work efficiently and effectively are key essentials for this role, as is experience of working with a dispersed workforce.
Our business, and our industry, is very fluid, so you need to be commercially-savvy, flexible, adaptable and a catalyst for change. You will be managing multiple change programmes designed to drive down costs and support our growth agenda. You'll be delivering solutions to business critical situations, so innovation is key here, as well as a high-impact engaging personality, the ability to influence outcomes, and a talent for building relationships and managing expectations.
CIPD Level 7, or an equivalent recognised qualification (or time served functional knowledge) is essential for this role.
Experience working with a shared service model and centres of excellence will also be beneficial, as you will be coming in as part of a wider HR team. We are seeking an individual who will buy into and drive our company values of Determination, Collaboration and Imagination.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.