QA Technician (Quality Assurance, Food, Manufacturing) BLUQ83868
Our client is a c£160million business which supplies cake and desserts in Own Brand to the Major Multiples. There are two sites in the North West at Bolton and Oldham. The Oldham site is a craft bakery supplying cake products and mainstream desserts mostly to Marks & Spencers. The Bolton site manufactures more commodity-based products making for example slab cakes, and top tier unit cake for a variety of retailers including Sainsbury’s, Asda, Tesco’s and Morrisons, and also features some brand products.
The success of the business has further been recognised both by its peers and within its sector by being awarded a variety of awards including the Bakery Food Manufacturer of the year.
They currently have three QA Technician vacancies which will be working as part of the Technical team on either night shift or rotating shift.
Key Example Duties:
- Compiling, issuing and training of process control records and quality standards.
- Attending trials and product launches.
- Auditing and monitoring of food safety, quality and legality within the factory.
- Internal Auditing (systems, GMP, CCP audits)
- Investigation of Customer Complaints and attending Customer complaints meetings
- Troubleshooting and supporting Operations / Technical in resolving issues
- Monitor the standards of hygiene, food safety, GMP, traceability, allergen management, legality and quality
- Carrying out Traceability and Mass balance exercises
- Ensuring foreign body controls are in place and adequate in production areas
- Ensuring technical systems are in place in their factory / area and are being followed
- Organise / attend QC panels on site and ensure corrective actions are followed up and communicated
- Calibration of key equipment
- Carrying out swabbing (Micro and allergen) as and when required
- Ensuring their area / factory is to the best GMP standards ready for unannounced audits / customer visits.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a similar role within a food manufacture environment OR educated to a degree in a food science related discipline.
- Some previous experience and/or knowledge of food safety standards (e.g. BRC), auditing and HACCP would be useful.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills across all levels are essential.
- Excellent organisational skills in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritise
- IT skills such as excel, word and power point are desirable.
- Good standard of numeracy.
- Applicants should be able to work on their own without supervision.
- Understanding of Food Safety and Food Safety Systems such as HACCP
- Internal Auditing qualification is desirable.
- Must be completely flexible with working hours – may be required to do Nights, Evening or Weekends.
- 1 x Night Shift Monday to Thursday 10pm till 6am and Friday 8pm till 3am Flexibility is essential.
- 2 x rotating shift pattern of 6am – 2pm or 2pm – 10pm or 10pm – 6am Shift finishes 1 hour early on Fridays. Flexibility is essential.
- 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays
- Money purchase pension scheme
- Discount scheme on purchases from high street retailers
- Free Parking
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.