Systems Manager / Technical Consultant / EDI Manager
Job Title: Systems Manager / Technical Consultant
Location: Shepperton, Middlesex
Salary: Competitive, depending on relevant experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a young and fast growing software development and professional services company that offers a wide range of business to business (B2B) software and services, increasingly in an outsourced or managed service environment. And they are now seeking an additional individual to join their Technical Team.
The role is varied and as well as managing their growing array of Servers hosted at UKFast (remotely) and helping to manage their internal IT needs, the role will involve working with the Technical Services Manager on all aspects of systems and client support.
Due to the fact that they are not a large company the role is multi-faceted and will allow an individual to grow in many areas such as becoming an expert on all matters EDI and getting some programming experience. The role will inevitably involve some direct (face to face) and indirect (telephone) support responsibilities so good communication skills are essential (both written and verbal) along with some experience of a similar IT support environment. Full participation in the growth and success of the company is encouraged and rewarded where possible.
The skills and experience listed below would be beneficial to your application. Being able to tick everything on the list is not essential but the more breadth of skills and knowledge you can demonstrate in these areas, the more likely you are to be of interest to them:
- Living within commuting distance of Shepperton, Middlesex
- Previous experience working in a senior systems support role as a member of a team
- Good knowledge of systems and communications
- Demonstrate potential for a future leadership role
- Managing the resolution of client support issues from initiation to resolution
- Good clear spoken and written English
- Full UK driving licence
Technical skills should include:
- Experience and knowledge of EDI systems and standards would be a distinct advantage
- Supporting systems on a Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Implementing and supporting data communication protocols, including FTP, SFTP, AS2, HTTP
- Implementing and managing IIS servers
- XML, XSL and scripting languages such as VBScript, ASP, C# and Powershell
- Experience of ERPs, systems analysis and writing technical documents
Please note that due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.