Employment Advisor Grade 1-5
RESPONSIBLE TO: Team Leader/ Operations Manager
FULL TIME: 37 Hours
SALARY: £17,000 - £24,000 per annum, depending on experience
LOCATION: Based in ELITE Office Branch in Newport, working across Newport, Torfaen and Caerphilly
ELITE Supported Employment is a specialist organisation that enables individuals with disabilities or those at a disadvantage, to access, obtain and maintain paid employment via appropriate support.
ELITE hold an Investors in People: Gold accreditation, we have been awarded an 'Exemplar Employer' rating by Chwarae Teg’s Agile Nation 2 Business Programme, and we are proud to be ranked Disability Confident Leader status.
We welcome applications from individuals who consider themselves to be disabled.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual for our dynamic Engage to Change Team, who can actively engage with our participants through training and support in the workplace, to ensure they are work ready for vocational and job opportunities. You will achieve this through the provision of a mixture of one to one coaching, mentoring, group delivery and job search and employability support at various workplace locations.
Our Engage to Change programme provides supportive, high quality and focused services to young people aged between 16 -25, helping them achieve their full potential by gaining experience in the workplace and developing transferable skills.
This is a busy and varied role which will require you to provide robust and dedicated support to the participants. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to influence, persuade and listen to others effectively. You will be someone who can demonstrate flexibility and confidence in boosting people’s self-esteem and be able to demonstrate the following skills; working under pressure, meeting deadlines, strong problem solving and excellent customer service.
You will be versatile, focused, organised and have the ability to build a rapport with a diverse range of people to maximise their life opportunities. You will be an enthusiastic ‘go-getter’, approachable and adaptable.
• Understanding of the issues and needs of people with disabilities, health conditions and those at disadvantage.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication and learning styles.
• Strong interpersonal skills, specifically around listening, questioning and building relationships.
• UK Driving Licence.
• Strong team player with a positive and flexible approach to both work and colleagues.
• Ability to plan and organise workload to meet required targets and deadlines.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIABILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT ADVISOR GRADES 3 -5
• Strong interpersonal skills, specifically around listening, questioning and
• Experience of people development in an individual and group environment.
• Maintaining consistent performance at a level above average demonstrating quality and quantity.
• Provision of accredited or non-accredited training and presentations to partners and networks on a regular basis.
Please see the Job Description for a full list of responsibilities.
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week. Some flexible working may be required.
Closing Date: 19th July 2019
This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
To apply for this role please submit a CV; suitable candidates will then be contacted and will be asked to complete a tailored supporting statement.
You can download an information pack from our website: www.elitesea.co.uk, alternatively email email@example.com or contact our Head Office on 01443 226664.