Engineering Technician / Equipment Test Technician
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company has led the field of fluid engineering for over 70 years. Specialists in understanding how fluids behave, how they interact with each other and how they react with their surroundings, they take a problem solving approach to design, develop, validate and optimise processes for the benefit of their clients. Established in 1947, and privately owned since 1989, they are based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire.
As a growing firm, they have identified a need to recruit an Engineering Technician to work on an interesting range of fluid engineering projects. This will involve working with mechanical and chemical engineers (and other technicians) on experiments designed to help industrial clients (largely from the oil & gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, personal care, and food industries) better understand and improve the performance of their processing equipment.
- Setting up and calibrating engineering equipment and test rigs
- Conducting laboratory and pilot-scale experiments
- Making accurate measurements and reporting results aided by computer systems
- Maintaining and developing the laboratory facilities
Candidates must have experience in:
- Working with hand tools and practical fitting and assembly. Candidates with experience working with fluid handling equipment (pipework, pumps, compressors, valves, etc.) are preferred
- The preparation and use of delicate instrumentation
- Performing measurements and recording of data
- The use of email as well as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Report writing
- Photography and/or video recording
Candidates should have at least three years relevant industrial, scientific or military experience. A minimum knowledge of math's and/or a science to at least A level is required.
On a more personal level, a practical approach to problem solving and process improvement is essential. In addition, applicants should be team players with good written and oral communication skills, a strong drive, 'can do' attitude and a high level of enthusiasm for their work.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Instrument Engineer, Instrumentation Technician, Equipment Engineer, Project Technician, Fluid Handling Technician, Engineering Project Technician, Equipment Test Engineer, Testing Technician, Equipment Tester, Scientific Equipment Tester, Chemical Engineering Technician, Mechanical Engineering Technician will also be considered for the role.