London, WH1 (covering a primary school and secondary school in London)
Our client is a leading educational organisation that has created a network of institutions and connections that facilitate learning solutions for foreign students coming to the UK.
They are now seeking a proactive Premises Manager to join their team in London on a full time basis.
- Salary of £28,000 - £30,000
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Consolidate your skill-set
- Five weeks’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
If you have previous school facilities experience, this is a great opportunity to progress your career in facilities and health & safety.
You’ll have the chance to play a key part in the day to day running and maintenance of our client’s schools and make your mark within their well-respected educational organisation.
So, if you’re ready to take on a vital role where no two days are the same, they’d love to hear from you.
As the Premises Manager, you will support the management, security and maintenance of both primary and secondary schools and ensure compliance with all current legislation relating to site safety and management.
Specifically, you will promote and participate in achieving best value for the use and maintenance of school premises, facilities, equipment and materials.
You’ll cover two sites (based within a 15 minute walk of each other).
Reporting to the Bursar, your role will also involve:
- Daily maintenance checks
- Planning and executing the premises strategic plan
- Supervising all contractors on site, ensuring that all health & safety requirements are met
- Acting as the main point of contact for any fire and security issues and being aware of essential service locations
- Supporting health & safety training initiatives and delivering components
- Opening and closing both sites
To be considered as a Premises Manager, you will need:
- At least two years’ facilities experience gained in a school environment
- The ability to carry out basic building repairs and maintenance
- The ability to operate and understand electrical and/or mechanical systems
- Demonstrable experience of complying with health & safety regulations
- Recognised qualifications associated with premises management
- The ability to manage and/or supervise contractors on-site
- The demonstrable ability to plan, budget and implement tasks
- The ability to assure best value for the school
Other organisations may call this role Facilities Manager, Building Manager, Facilities & Maintenance Manager, Property Manager, Health & Safety Manager, H&S Manager, HSE Manager or Facilities Project Manager.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 7:15 – 11:00 / 3:00 – 7:15. Please note: these hours may include two Saturdays per month.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking a fresh challenge as a Premises Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.