Design Trainee (Designer, Graduate, Junior, Architectural) BLUD83707
Our client provides engineered design solutions bringing concepts and designs to life, enabling the realization of their client's vision.
As a Design Trainee, you will be part of the UK’s leading architectural glass specialist. In the fast track industry of commercial building, they pride themselves in offering quality service and innovative design that allows their clients to create flexible workspaces. Our client has extensive experience in the design, development and installation of architectural glazing, balustrading, facade’s, curtain wall, atriums, fire glass products, glass roofs and floor systems.
The successful candidate will have a desire to learn how to design structural and architectural glass, in various curtain wall systems, steel, aluminium and cladding materials. This role is based full time at their High Wycombe head office.
- As a trainee role, full training will be provided.
- This role is suited to candidates educated to A-level or equivalent.
- Minimum B grade GCSE Mathematics.
- An interest / ambition to work in a design / technical role.
- Experience with 2D or 3D CAD would be beneficial.
- Eligible to work full time in the UK
Design Trainees will follow a 2 year training plan. During this time, you will receive training and support to learn the glazing systems, the statutory and advisory design codes and best practice methodology.
Working under guidance of a senior member of the design team you will learn how to:
- Formulate a design brief from project handover
- Prepare requests for Information / Query sheets as required and monitor replies.
- Produce Drawing Schedules, General Arrangement and Working drawings for Design team approval.
- Provide 2D and 3D design information as required.
- Design Review – revise and re-issue commented drawings.
- Produce Fabrication information in the form of schedules, cutting lists or component drawings, as required, to an agreed program.
- Visit Sites as necessary to ascertain conditions.
- Be aware of current project workload and project timings, Maintain progress as program.
- Provide Design and Technical Support for all other departments as required.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.