Volunteering & Inclusion Experience Designer x2
We are seeking a new role as Volunteering & Inclusion Experience Designer to work strategically across the Trust.
If you're experienced in building strong working relationships with a wide range of people and you have the ability to use data and evidence to drive continuous improvement, then this is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of a diverse creative team where you can lead and implement new ideas.
We are ideally looking for full time applications but will consider part time applications for this position.
What it's like to work here
The Volunteering and Inclusion team currently has 14 members of paid staff, but we will be growing the team across the next 12 months. Our work is supported by a team of office and home-based volunteers. The team has a real diversity of previous experiences and backgrounds and we are keen to continue to involve new people with new ideas in our work.
The Experience Design team is a team within this broader team. We currently have three Experience Designers and a manager so with this recruitment campaign will dramatically increase the number of people in the team. We are excited about the opportunities this increased resource and a greater focus on putting end users at the heart of our work will have on our ability to deliver really great work that has an impact right across the organisation. For the last year the Experience Design team has been using the Scrum framework to plan and deliver our work. This means working closely together and having frequent open conversations about how things are going and how we could make them better.
As a Volunteering and Inclusion team we've just developed a new ambition for our area that we now need to turn into a reality; it's a really interesting time to be joining us.
What you'll be doing
As a Volunteering & Inclusion Experience Designer you'll be shaping how a really diverse range of people get involved with our work. This covers everything from developing how we communicate with our regular volunteers to exploring brand new ways for new audiences to support our work.
You'll be responsible for the continual review of data and evidence to drive forward continuous improvement as well as implementing new ideas across the Trust. You will also be working closely with end users to ensure what the team develops really meets their needs.
You'll be working closely with V&I Experience Designers and Experience Design Coordinators to deliver the teams work. There may be opportunities to support the management of the Experience Design Coordinators.
For more information please read the full role profile attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you'll need to have the following;
- Flexible attitude and positive approach to change
- Experience in building strong partnerships and relationships with a wide range of people, demonstrating the impact of working in a high performing team
- A proven track record of using data and evidence to drive continuous improvement or implement new ideas
- Experience of defining business process and user needs to ensure systems enable users to carry out their roles effectively
- Proven experience of understanding user needs and insights to shape business cases and project plans that deliver end to end experiences for large audiences
- Strong IT and digital skills - this could include social media, CRM's, Microsoft and/or a design package
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of people but especially within your team
- An interest in volunteering and inclusion