Reporting professionally to the Energy Commercial & Operations Manager the Russells Hall Energy Manager is a key role as part of the growing Energy Services Delivery Group. The Russells Hall Energy Manager will work as part of the Estates team at Russells Hall Hospital; working on a daily basis for the Head of Estates and supporting them in the provision of a high quality professional service in respect of all associated energy management matters.
The primary focus of the role is to be responsible for delivery of the energy management responsibilities across the Russells Hall Hospital Contract. Working as part of a professional Estates team, with support from the wider energy delivery group, the Energy Manager will be required to manage all aspects of delivery from energy reporting and legislative compliance to leading on BMS maintenance and upgrades, including routine M&T/M&V, performance reporting, client and site team liaison.
Duties will primarily be delivered from the base at Russells Hall Hospital, but will also be across other sites including the Corbett and Guest Hospitals in Dudley.Responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for providing professional advice in respect of all energy management related matters including:
- Meter readings and data collection.
- Initial bill collection and validation.
- Monthly energy reporting.
- Calculation of additional energy consumption for Trust variations.
- Data collection and invoicing of additional energy Trust consumption.
- High/low temperature reports.
- Monitoring of temperatures upon request.
- Lead on BMS upgrades and life cycle investment for BMS systems.
- BMS time and temperature settings and professional advice to Technicians.
- Manage BMS maintenance.
- Manage BMS projects (TSV and lifecycle).
- Energy compliance and legislation (EUETS,DEC, TM44, CHPQA etc)
- Completion of ERIC requirements.
- Carry out P.P.M., service, test, diagnose, repair and calibrate advanced electrical and mechanical installations, plant and equipment.
- To act as site expert and professional lead on these systems, training and developing other members of the estates teams.
- Help maintain accurate estates records and plant history.
- Participate in out of normal hours on call procedure.
- Whilst predominantly based at the Russells Hall Hospital, the Guest and Corbett Hospital the post holder may be required to periodically spend time at other Interserve FM sites.
The Energy Manager will be employed on work appropriate to his/her core special skills and will operate as part of an effective Professional Estates Maintenance team. The post holder will have an obligation to undertake where necessary training to ensure the level of competency is up held through continuous professional development.Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of standard electrical wiring practices and installation, electronic components, and electrical schematic symbols.
- Knowledge of general Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) installation and operation.
- Computer skills with exposure to Windows driven applications, and proficient with Excel.
- Completion of a recognized engineering apprenticeship.
- A suitable City & Guilds, BTEC, HNC or equivalent
- Demonstrable post apprenticeship experience preferably in a health care back ground
- Extensive knowledge of Schneider BMS systems.
- Excellent understanding of principles of energy management, building services and related controls
- Understanding of current compliance and legislation requirements
- IEE 18th edition wiring regulations
- Hold, or be working towards, AP Ventilation and/or RP Water.
- Membership of appropriate professional body (CIBSE and Energy Institute preferred)
- Strong team player willing to get involved with a wide variety of tasks and activities
- Self motivated with ability to work independently to high standard with attention to detail
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Flexible/Adaptable in approach to work.
- Friendly and approachable manner.
- Pro active approach to work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on their own with minimal supervision.
- Sets and maintains very high standards of delivery - attention to detail essential.
- Driven to complete tasks above expectations.
- Diligent, professional and intuitive.