Concept Development Consultant
Concept Development Consultant
• To take responsibility in managing upstream onshore and offshore Studies for Field Development Planning, Screening, Studies, Conceptual definition.
• A hands-on approach will be required to technically manage the work and lead the development of the study, interfacing closely with our clients. A proactive aptitude is essential, developing assumptions and solutions to efficiently make progress and add value to the project is fundamentally important to our working culture in Consultancy.
• Our Concept Development Consultant must be able to manage engineers and specialists from all disciplines, focusing and harnessing their efforts to ensure an integrated and consistent Study is completed within agreed budget and schedule.
• The work will be carried out in accordance with our HSE, Quality and Business Management systems.
• Due to the varied scope, complexity and nature of Consultancy work, Concept Development Consultants must be flexible and be able to successfully manage studies of different durations, and at times multiple teams. Including, Facilities, subsurface and wells.
Specific Duties Include & Experience:
• Supporting Consultancy Business Development, including networking and technical presentations to clients during the tender phase and preparing Consultancy Proposals (including technical execution methods, man-hour estimates and schedule development).
• Management of studies as described above to the highest standards and within agreed budgets. Identifying resource requirements, management of day to day work and regularly reporting progress to both client and Senior Management.
• To be capable of managing/ directing engineers of all disciplines and specialist consultants
• Working closely with our clients, many of who spend considerable time within our offices, to produce bespoke and optimal solutions.
• Understanding and experience of capital cost estimates, both on a regional and plant level. Taking responsibility to review and endorse the estimate to the Project Sponsor.
• Understanding of construction requirements and the limitations that these could impose on option selection.
• Chairing progress meetings both internally and externally.
• Preparation of reports and presentation of results to clients.
• Taking fully technical ownership of the work.
• The successful candidate will have bachelors Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline. Chartered Engineer status preferred.
• With extensive experience in Field Development within the oil & gas business. Besides UK experience, international concept development experience in Africa/Middle East/Far East/Americas will be preferred.
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.