Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We're looking for an In-house Engineer to join our Claims team in Manchester.
You'll be office-based and responsible for ensuring motor vehicles that are subject to a motor claim are repaired to their pre-accident condition by using the most appropriate methods at the correct cost.
You'll accurately value and categorise vehicles if they're deemed beyond economical repair or are stolen and unrecovered, by carrying out extensive market research and engaging with the customer to set their expectations.
As an In-house Engineer, you'll be required to identify fraudulent activity through investigative practice and liaison with claims colleagues, to correctly identify and advise on vehicle modifications which are non-standard to original equipment.
You'll be expected to support all aspects of the business to assist in the claims process for both insured and third party in order to speed up settlement and minimise cost.
- Negotiate settlement of motor vehicles
- Liaise directly and communicate effectively with customers and repairers
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Claims team
- Identify fraudulent activity through investigative practice and liaison with claims colleagues
- Ensure all work is carried out within agreed KPIs and SLAs
- Knowledge of relevant legislation - Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Data Protection Act (DPA)
Experience & qualifications
- Full motor engineering qualification is essential
- Solid motor claims knowledge
- Proven experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Influencing, negotiation and relationship building
- Extensive vehicle make-up knowledge
- Competent understanding of insurance principles
- A comprehensive knowledge of motor vehicles, modern repair techniques, estimating methods, technology and equipment used in the vehicle repair environment
- Commercially focused
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and proactive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Take initiative to make decisions
- Strive to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we're so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer???
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle, including a competitive company pension scheme, group life assurance, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, professional subscription fees, the opportunity to buy additional holidays, Health Cash Plan, help with travel expenses and the opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work.
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this sounds like your next role and a company you'd like to work for, what're you waiting for? Apply today!