I currently have the following Quantity Surveyor opportunities available on a permanent basis, with a leading Client who provides specialist Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical Services across the Nuclear Industry.
2x Senior Quantity Surveyors (1x Cumbria)(1x York)
2x Quantity Surveyors (1x Preston & Cumbria)(1x Chester & York)
As QS you will have a robust knowledge / understanding of construction methods and materials and keen attention to detail, with strong evidence of assessments of NEC3 forms of contract.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Pre Contract Award:
• Assist the Procurement Team with assessment of subcontract tenders / terms and conditions
• Involvement with risk analysis and escalation
• Assist the Procurement Manager with sub-contract negotiation and letting
• Review and recommendation of interim valuations, including identification of Disallowed and disallowable costs
• Ensure that the financial aspects and impact of subcontract exposures are clear to all parties
• Assist in the management of all aspects of Project subcontracts.
• Risk Management / Early Warnings
• Compensation Events
• General Communications
• Defects, Searches, Tests, Inspections
• Contractors / Employers Instructions
• Others as required
• Assist the Commercial Manager with preparation and implementation of the same with the main client contract.
• Assessment and certification of sub-contractors interim valuations and final accounts
• Assist the Commercial Manager in any Dispute Resolution activities as required.
• Act as Delegated Authority for the Commercial Manager.
• Preparation and submission of several works final account
• Agreement of final accounts
Key Skills and Competencies
• Technical "hands on" experience, specifically within an NEC3 contract environment.
• Good working knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry.
• Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement.
• Commercial acumen (NEC3 Terms & Conditions)
• Ability to work as part of a close knit management team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously - both short and long term.
• Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision.
• Flexibility with regard to working across all areas/locations of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position.
• HNC, Degree qualified or similar.
• MRICS or other relevant professional body advantageous
• UK driving licence
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.