Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Specialist
GBP35,000 + Benefits
As a Human Resources Specialist you will provide a comprehensive and professional HR service to all employees. To be the focal point for specific business areas in respect of all HR activities (including recruitment / employee relations / development and performance and compensation and benefits).
- To provide support to the HR Manager as required to ensure the implementation of the company's HR Strategy.
- To provide a comprehensive HR service and to contribute to the development of the HR Function.
- To provide robust support to the business in all areas of; a. employee relations, first point of contact for disciplinary, grievance and performance management issues; to coach and advise line management on best practice and legal procedures. Conducting investigations where appropriate and acting as note taker in formal meetings. b. recruitment - to take responsibility for the recruitment of roles within area of responsibility (to include sourcing candidates / interview process / building relationship with agencies, onboarding) c. Training and development - sourcing appropriate d. Compensation and benefits - completing payroll as required
- To be responsible for accurately recording all absences on HR database and to ensure absence management is carried out efficiently throughout the business.
- To work closely with line management to identify how consistently the policy and process for performance management is being applied across the business.
- Management reporting where necessary.
- To assist in HR projects when required.
- To work as part of a team to ensure the delivery of quality HR services adhering to professional confidentiality standards.
- To assist in the development of effective and efficient systems to support the provision of HR services and enable the department to best achieve its objectives.
- To provide full and confidential support to the HR Manager as required.
- Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- Good generalist HR skills gained in a fast paced commercial organisation.
- Ability to listen and be approachable to all members of staff Ability to demonstrate confidentiality in dealing with all issues of business, especially when handling sensitive situations and information is essential Enthusiastic, self-motivated and flexible with ability to meet competing demands while delivering high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent planning, communication and interpersonal skills Ability to work well under pressure and manage own workload
- Organisational skills - efficiency in personal management is key.
- You will be expected to a time oriented and able to prioritise competing demands. You will also be expected to organise inputting employee data in to the business's HR systems.
- Understanding of employment law and business policies.
- Will be required to discuss company policy with both employees and other members of their team, and as such manage divergent opinions and personalities.
- As such, a level of emotional intelligence is also required.
- Flexible approach and able to react quickly to the various demands of the business.
- Strong IT skills in a variety of Microsoft packages and HR systems.
- Contribute to the broader work of the HR team whenever the opportunity arises.
- At least CIPD part qualified.
- An up to date knowledge of employment legislation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent judgement.
- Ability to listen. Approachable
- Respect legitimate needs and requirements for confidentiality in dealing with sensitive situations and information. Exercise high standards of timeliness, appropriateness and accuracy.