Digital Transformation Programme Support, 419.32 - INTERNAL APPLICANTS
Fixed Term until 30 March 2021
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post.
The Digital Transformation Strategy sets out an ambitious plan to change the way the council engages with customers and delivers services.
The Digital Transformation Team is looking for someone to help to support the programme of change by working with services to plan and deliver new ways of working and innovation in the use of technology.
This is an 18 month post (secondments will be considered) to support the delivery of the challenging savings target within the Transforming Your Council programme that is to be met by service areas. There will also be opportunities to work with colleagues from across Scotland on a range of projects.
You will have experience of project management and working with a wide range of stakeholders. You will need strong communication skills and be able to negotiate with managers around the need for innovation within service areas.
An interest in current and emerging technologies as well as the ability to plan and prioritise workloads will be key to being successful in this role.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Educated to degree level in relevant discipline, business administration, programme management
- Experience of project management
- Ability to produce high level management information
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment and working to improve services
- Ability to manage a wide range of activities and work to deadlines
- Experience of implementing change and improvements using a customer focused business approach
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise and remain focused and organise their own workload
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY