Post - Graduate Estimator
ESL are looking to recruit an estimator to join our sales team, supporting our clients on new and exciting projects. The success of ESL and its planned growth is based on building our teams with the right people, focused on striving for the best whilst having fun along the way. Ideally you will have experience/ a strong interest in soft landscaping, however we will like to hear from you if you have experience/ recently graduated in a relative field which can be transferred to landscaping.
The successful candidate will be based out of our Head Office in St Leonards-On-Sea.
What can we offer you:
- We want you to be the best you, so if that means further academic training or personal development requirements, we have it covered. Our personal progression plans are tailored to the individual, centred around both personal objectives as well as company objectives.
- The ability to earn well whilst enjoying your career
- The opportunity to shape the company and its future
- A career in a growing industry
- The opportunity to build meaningful relationships with contractors across the board
- Prepare and lead the compilation of tenders/bids
- Request plans and specifications from clients
- Review plans and perform material take-offs
- Request pricing from suppliers and acquire quotes from vendors
- Develop client and consultant relations whilst managing expectations
- Comply with estimating processes
- Work in conjunction with administration staff in preparation of the estimate
- Work closely with the project sales lead
- Provide input to the handover process from estimating to contract
- Provide data as requested to review the performance of the supply chain member
- Provide input into the review of supply chain both upstream and down stream
- The role will be reporting directly to the Director of Business Development
- A desire to build upon your current skillset and be a part of a growing organisation
- Confidently communicate with all members of the sales team, operations managers, clients and consultants
- Excellent administrative skills; numeracy, telephone manner and a very high attention to detail are essential to this role
- Cost planning
- Computer literacy
- Strong commercial awareness and commitment to achieving deadlines
Driving licence is advantageous but not critical.
Starting salary will be dependent on experience.
If your experience meets our requirements and you want to be a part of our team, we will welcome your application.