Are you an experienced children's books editor who has a passion for developing quirky non-fiction and picture books? An independent trade publisher in London is looking for two talented and creative children's books editors to join their thriving team. There is one permanent position and one maternity cover contract available.
- Contribute and develop new book and product ideas to proposal stage
- Edit and project manage a range of titles
- Commission, fact check and edit authors' text
- Brief and feedback to artists and work with designers on layouts
- Work closely sales, marketing and publicity to ensure promotion of new titles
- Maintain a good knowledge of the children's books market and identify new trends
Experience / skills required:
- Solid editorial experience within children's trade book publishing is essential
- Excellent hands-on editorial skills
- A proactive approach and the ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of InDesign
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.