Client Manager: Dairy Team - leading a GBP1m portfolio
Dairy Team - leading a GBP1m+ portfolio, coaching an Executive & Graduate
Kantar Worldpanel, London, UK
Looking for a role which offers a clear step-up from Client Executive responsibilities? Love presenting to senior audiences? Have the desire to lead Contract Renewals and Service Reviews? Enjoy coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team?
A unique position has become available for a full time Client Manager to lead a portfolio of small-medium sized Dairy clients, ranging in size from GBP9k-GBP170k, mainly in the world of Cheese!
With the support of a Client Executive and Graduate, you will be responsible for managing workload, overseeing the quality of client deliverables and mentoring others. You will also have the rare opportunity to personally lead Account Plans, Service Reviews and Contract Renewals for some clients, with the support of your CID.
You will also be tasked with expanding networks at clients, presenting to senior stakeholders and uncovering clients' key priorities and strategic focuses. You will also be responsible for spotting and convert commercial leads for your client base to help drive mutual growth. The small/medium but growing nature of your clients means the right individual would have the autonomy to shape the future direction of our relationship with clients and would be presented with multiple opportunities for commercial success. These could range from contract renewals and ad hoc sales alike, which in the last year have included WP+, OOH, ES and Usage in your portfolio.
You will also work closely with a Graduate and Client Executive, enabling you to have direct coaching experience with the support of your line manager, and would provide the opportunity to succeed through others. Your average month could involve presenting a front end on Total Grocery to a client, delivering feedback to a graduate as part of a monthly development check in and negotiating a contract renewal proposal for a client! This role will be challenging and rewarding and will also provide great exposure both internally and externally.
We're looking for a positive, organised and ambitious individual who would thrive given the opportunity to shape the account management, commercial success and development of others in the team. You will be joining a caring, supportive and driven team who are commercially successful, and have a lot of fun along the way!
This position would be suitable for either an existing Client Manager or aspiring Client Executive.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the Consumer Insight Director to draw up and oversee a strategy to drive the long term success of our relationships and expand these further
- Deliver valuable insights and actionable recommendations to the client base, and look to grow our capability footprint from both a Shopper and Consumer perspective
- Work closely with the experts around the business and leverage our full set of advanced analytical solutions to deliver best in class insight and advice
- Take ownership for the coaching and development of others
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to inspire clients through your insights
- A track record of achieving high levels of client satisfaction
- Ability to establish and nurture relationships with clients
- Confidence in juggling multiple priorities and pushing back to clients when required
- Keen team player, enjoying working collaboratively to achieve success
- Proven commercial success to date, with a keen appetite for further commercial exposure
- An passion for the food (& cheese!) industry
- A strong desire to succeed