Operational Improvement Specialist
At CEVA we believe that logistics is a people business, and our people are passionate and committed. They fully understand supply chain excellence and live and breathe it every day. There are over 56,000 of us around the world, we are collaborative and enthusiastic about our work and the value we deliver to our customers.
We are a full service transportation and logistics company with freight management and contract logistics operations spanning 1,000 locations in 160 countries. It's an exciting time at CEVA and even more so within our UK, Ireland and Nordics cluster. Our teams are focussed on delivering a new level of supply chain and freight management expertise. Many of the world's best-known brands count on CEVA to serve their markets - so why wouldn't you join our team?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Operational Improvement Specialist to join our team who are based in Ashby.
As the Operational Improvement Specialist you will fit within the Automotive, Industrial and Technology operations structure (AIT) and be responsible for establishing, reviewing, promoting and delivering operational efficiencies and best practice to existing contracts across Contract Logistics. You will assist with onsite implementation of best practice and report both centrally and locally on performance and progress.
- Carry out Continuous Improvement activities, basic LEAN and 9 week wave programmes to identify, design and implement with the purpose of delivering improvements in operational productivity.
- Carry out implementation and training of LEAN and Continuous Improvement principles at sites
- Support the business with Kaizen events and feedback
- Support sites in their growth and development through deployment of the Site Classification Assessment (SCA) programme
- Provide support in re-engineering and improving on existing operational solutions
- Evaluate the performance of the business in relation to SCA, processes and procedures and to communicate the standard performance
- Support Business Development with preparation of LEAN material
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues and other functions to identify and recommend appropriate solutions
- Promote a LEAN and Continuous Improvement culture
- Monitor and report on performance at a local, sector and cluster level
- Promote the highest level of internal and external customer care at all times
To be successful in this role you will have proven experience of deploying LEAN and Continuous Improvement techniques within an operational environment. You will be able to demonstrate involvement in multiple projects and have strong business acumen with a basic understanding of key financials.
It is crucial that you are results driven, a natural problem solver and analytically focused. You will have the skill to build and maintain strong working relationships internally and externally and be confident in your ability to make decisions, communicate clearly and work autonomously when required.
You will hold a full UK Driving Licence and have a flexible approach to travel when required.
It would be desirable, but not essential if you hold LEAN or a Six Sigma qualification.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we'll give you all the reward and recognition you deserve as well as the opportunity to develop and progress. With over 50 sites in the UK we offer excellent long term career prospects as well as other perks such as pension, discount voucher scheme, childcare vouchers and many more.