Operations and Business Manager
If you are an experienced values driven Operations and Business Manager possessing a Certificate of School Business Management, currently seeking an exciting and unique opportunity to work with a talented team in building an outstanding school from its foundation in Bingley, West Yorkshire, who offer an outstanding working environment and extensive benefits package, then this could be the ideal permanent role for you!
Working as an Operations and Business Manager providing strategic and operation leadership of the support services in order to achieve the highest possible standards, being responsible for Management, Finance, Health & Safety, Human Resources and Administration, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Contributing to strategic planning and decision making ensuring the business resources are utilised effectively including site development initiatives
- Line managing all associate staff as requested by the Principal
- Quality assure the service delivery of all staff and third-party suppliers
- Working with the Principal on all matters relating to budgeting and forecasting and financial costs
- Maintaining an overview of management accounts and take action in cases of overspend
- Health & Safety, working closely with the Estate Manager to ensure safety and wellbeing of all staff members, acting as chair of the health and safety committee
- Co-ordinate and lead the recruitment of new staff including advertising, interviewing and onboarding of all candidates
- Manage staff absence, sickness and maternity leave including return to work interviews and individual risk assessments
- Liaise with external HR bodies for advice and support on matters
- Overseeing the management of reception and administration departments including reprographics, records and telephones
- Attend and lead meetings and contribute actively in decision making processes
You will have previous experience of working in both an operational and financial management role, together with HR management. You will also understand the importance of discretion and confidentiality and be able to build positive relationships with colleagues and suppliers. In addition, you will be competent in the use of MS Office, possessing the ability to work well under pressure and motivate others. A certificate of School Business Management is essential for this role along with GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English grades A-C.
The role is Monday to Friday - 8am - 4pm working 37.5 hours per week.
In return, our client offers a great working environment and excellent benefits including extensive holiday entitlement and free parking!
Elite Personnel Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer acting as an Employment Agency in the case of work-seekers for permanent positions, and as an Employment Business in the case of work-seekers for temporary positions and it is our policy to treat job applicants, employees and workers in the same way, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnic origin or disability.