HR Advisor - Global Mobility 12 month FTC Full time/ Part Time
This role can be a full time or part time positon.
Overall job purpose:
- Managing the relationships with counter-parts in other RSM Global firms.
- Maintaining the secondment section of the intranet.
- Managing the UK inbound and outbound secondment programmes and ad hoc secondment requests, including:
- Agreeing the numbers required and countries to be targeted with relevant department and international region heads.
- Managing the contract, confidentiality, visa and all secondment practicalities - these will vary according to the country.
- Managing accommodation suppliers - these are reviewed annually.
- Working with the ex-pat tax team based in London to discuss the specific tax arrangements for each secondment and liaising with UK payroll and relevant people at the RSM Global firm.
- Monitoring secondment costs, approving relevant expenses and working with the National Finance Office to raise invoices.
- Managing transfer requests to and from RSM Global firms.
- Continual review of our secondment offering/ and working to align approaches with RSM Global firms.
UK Recruitment / Visas
- Keeping up to date with legislation and changes on UK visas (Tier 1 to 5) and the Brexit process.
- Providing the recruitment team with advice in relation to whether candidates have the right to work in the UK and if not what type of visa could be suitable for them.
- Managing Tier 2 (ICT) and Tier 2 (general) applications with our immigration lawyers. Managing the related Resident Labour Market Test process if applicable and informing the business of time frames, risks and costs involved. Guiding applicants through the process and responding to queries they may have, e.g. in relation to dependents.
- Managing RSMs Unrestricted COS allocation and the business case process for obtaining more, taking into account renewals required in the year. Managing the Restricted COS application process and relevant timing.
UK Employee Advice
- Writing relevant letters required for ILR / Citizenship applications.
- Providing advice for UK employees travelling abroad on business travel in terms of right to work abroad. Determining when we should seek external support.
- Working with the in-house legal team to draft and distribute client secondment letters and arrange confidentiality briefings and reminders.
- Ensuring the client secondment process and relevant letters are up to date on the HR knowledge portal.
- Assisting other HR Advisors with their client secondments where required.
Essential Role Requirements
- Experience of working within a generalist HR role, including recruitment, in a professional services / financial services organisation.
- Experience and knowledge of different types of visas.
Preferred Role Requirements
- Experience of managing international secondments and working within a global network.
- Experience of managing the recruitment of individuals requiring a Tier 2 visa and the related use of a Sponsor Management System.
As one of the world's largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, we'll help you reach your full potential. The variety of projects you'll work on will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. And with access to a global team that spans more than 120 countries, you'll have plenty of opportunity to broaden your horizons. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking. Find your future at RSM.
Happy to talk flexible working.