Harris Hill is working with a fantastic Membership Charity to find a Finance Officer to join their team. The job role duration will be 3 months. Duties include:
- Managing purchase ledger, preparation of journal entries and month end.
- Ensure all invoices are processed promptly, including matching them to purchase orders raised and checking they are adequately authorised and coded before processing
- Ensure the prompt and timely payment of all suppliers using the relevant payment method e.g. cheque, BACS
- Provide day-to-day support to staff around sales invoicing and orders, in conjunction with the CRM team
- Assist the Senior Finance officer as required with the reconciliation of nominal ledger accounts on a monthly basis e.g. creditors, debtors, suspense, fixed assets
- Managing a purchase and sales ledger, Processing petty cash and expenses
- Experience with computerised accounts packages
- Microsoft office in particular excel spreadsheets
- Understanding of VAT administration in a voluntary sector organisation
- Some knowledge or understanding of the voluntary sector and volunteering
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, in particular in explaining financial matters to non-finance staff
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV or contact Harris Hill. Due to the high volume of responses to this job role, only candidates CV's that match the job description will be contacted.