Key Account Manager - Transport Research & Consultancy
About The Role CIQUHP
We're looking for an accomplished Account Manager with substantial expertise in consulting, developing and building the value proposition and sales pipeline for services within Key Customer Accounts. Acting as the primary interface for all services with the client, the appointed individual should be comfortable building relationships at C-level, and will be responsible for creating demand for TRL's research and consultancy services by raising our profile with the strategic customer base across the land based transport domain.
Whilst a significant proportion of time will be spent at customer sites, the role will require a regular presence with the delivery teams based from our offices in Birmingham or Crowthorne, Berkshire.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Build and maintain effective relationships with a defined set of key clients with a cross-business footprint, based on trust, effective management and timely delivery.
- Act as the key interface between the client and all relevant business divisions
- Lead or participate in contract negotiations
- Ensure a consistently high level of service delivery, project management and customer satisfaction
- Develop yearly key account plans for each client to grow existing revenue as defined in the strategic business plan
- Grow and develop existing accounts to target, by identifying and progressing new business and revenue opportunities
- Ensure all business and opportunities are profitable to the business, while effectively meeting the needs of the customer
- Conduct regular status and strategy meetings to understand client needs and link them to TRL's services
- Collaborate with the Delivery function to ensure the smooth transition of projects from sales to delivery, supporting Project Managers on client management issues
- Play a lead role in developing new business pitches and proposals for framework agreements
- Produce detailed monthly account reports and other reporting and information to the Sales and Marketing Director and Executive team as and when required.
- Manage ongoing liaison with other colleagues to ensure that customers are receiving best-in-class service
- Make effective use of the Salesforce system to capture client intelligence, activity and opportunities
- Keep abreast of changes, trends and events in the account, product and competitive market places and advising the business accordingly
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in delivering against targets. You will be an accomplished presenter with the ability to quickly build strong client relationships.
- Experience in business development and account management within major clients across the public and private sectors.
- Demonstrable track record in achieving / exceeding targets and evidence of revenue growth
- Strong consultative sales skills with a focus on providing solutions
- Accomplished, credible and highly effective relationship builder
- Be able to demonstrate high levels of commercial awareness
- Self-directed, motivated and driven
- Influential with great negotiating skills
Due to the highly technical nature of our research and consultancy work, applicants will ideally be qualified in an Engineering or Science subject to Further or Higher Education level.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate highly polished communication skills - with the honed ability to actively listen and define and deliver a concise and compelling proposition. To succeed you must be comfortable liaising with scientists and engineers who form much of our delivery team, and be able to distil their input into a message that further engages and meets the needs of the customer. Strong presentation skills are a must.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- Contributory Pension.
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package