Software Company | Coventry
Our client loves their culture - it has helped them achieve some amazing things. Passionate about service, they're on a mission to revolutionise their colleagues' and customers' experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
It's a great place to work because of the people they employ. Fun, professional and supportive, my client want like-minded individuals who love to love their job. They are more concerned about contribution than job title and they encourage collaboration and openness.
All of the clients employees have a 'can do' approach and are all happy to roll their sleeves up in order to get a job done well and at pace - their aim is to delight our customers. My client move quickly, they are proud of their success and even more excited about the future.
You'll be supporting the Accountant and your colleagues in the Finance team in providing a comprehensive finance service to the business.
You should be a hands-on person with a positive "can-do" attitude who wants to work collaboratively to deliver an excellent service to our customers, both internally and externally.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing financial reports to for the management team as and when required.
- General ledger accounts reconciliation.
- Assist with bank and cash reconciliation to enable the Finance Manager to review the Company accounting records.
- Bank transaction preparation and postings to sales, purchase and general ledger.
- Reconciling supplier invoices to the purchase order requisition and receipt records.
- Dealing with supplier/customer queries and escalating where appropriate.
- Preparing and reviewing sales invoice requests and preparing invoices.
- Assisting in producing cash flow forecasts.
- Assisting in producing analysis of profit and loss account items, general ledger accounts and stock control accounts.
- Assisting with the End of Year reconciliation process.
- Responsibility for the Concur Expenses by processing staff expenses claims, including checking supporting receipts and deductions, and analysing customer recharges. Completion of expense coding vouchers and posting to general ledger system.
- Assisting in producing monthly staff expense payment reconciliations and escalate to Accountant where necessary.
- Assisting in the analysing analysis and processing of credit card expenses.
- Supporting the Accounts Assistants with processing of sales and purchase invoices.
Skills and Experience
You will need to bring:
- Proven experience of working at AAT level and have a thorough understanding of financial operations.
- Demonstrable experience of working with accountancy systems and software in a finance function with knowledge of sales, purchase and general ledger.
- A willingness to work towards CIMA (or equivalent) qualification.
- Experience of various Microsoft packages including intermediate knowledge of Excel ie pivot tables, macros, 'sum if' statements etc.
- Self-motivation and willing to use own initiative as will be required to work without close supervision.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst still paying attention to detail.
- Commercial Awareness.
We'd like it if you could bring:
- Ideally fully or part CIMA qualified (or equivalent).
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics GP Version 16.365 Business Central
- Experience of Concur Expense System.
- Hours of work - 37.5 per week
- Working Pattern - 9am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch break)
- Location - Coventry