HR Business Partner - Worcestershire
HR BUSINESS PARTNER - Cyber Information Security & Technology
At QinetiQ we're dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.
We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
We provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests.We provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests.Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure, providing services and products that address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
Purpose of the role:
The HR Business Partner will vary in scale and scope across the Group and be expected to work in conjunction with the relevant Head of HR or HR Director to drive the optimal and innovative use of people resources within the agreed HR strategy to meet key business objectives. They will collaborate with key stakeholders to proactively identify areas where HR can add value, and to lead solutions in support of strategic goals, operational performance and developing organisational and people capability.
Due to the geographical spread of the QinetiQ sites across the UK, depending on the role may require travel within the UK as required to meet the HR Agenda. The role can also be based from either the Malvern or Farnborough site.
This is a great opportunity to see and understand the work we do and build relationships with key stakeholder from the very start.
Reports to: Group HR Director
- Dotted line to Business MD
Business and Commercial Leadership:
- Collaborate with the business to fully understand the key business performance issues, objectives and drivers, and associated people requirements for both the current and future business challenges. Varying advice between Core established business and Start Up business with different needs
- Ensure workforce capability is an integral factor in business area business strategy
- tes to establish the best business model for the business (such as partnerships, and overseas developments)
- Ensure that commercial bids are realistic and achievable from an HR and workforce perspective
- Provide creative input for enhancing business performance
- Provide solutions and expertise to achieve business restructuring: mergers, acquisitions and divestment
- Ensure that all HR Operational needs of the business are delivered in collaboration with the HR Advisors
- Performance management
- leadership Development
- acquisition integration including TUPE transfers
- employee relations including employee communication and consultation
- organisation design
- Anticipate solutions in support of strategic goals and improving business performance in staffing strategy, change management, all key people plans
- Work in partnership with Group HR Functions to provide the business inputs they require and access their expertise to meet own business area objectives.
- Support the development and execution of the Group HR strategy, influencing own business area to adopt, practices, processes and behaviours as outlined by the Group HR Functions.
- Maintaining positive employee motivation and relations at a time of major change
- Contributing to the success of the new QinetiQ HR model whilst leveraging benefits for own business area(s)
- Dealing with ambiguity and line management in an advisory and consultative manner, often coaching through difficult situations
- Change management/facilitating change
- Commercially astute
- Is resilient and shows courage, maintaining high performance even when under pressure.
- Uses negotiation and coaching to resolve conflict, influence attitudes and opinions and gain agreements to plans and ideas
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver on agreed outcomes
- Enables others to make the best use of their talents and empowers others to take initiative and solve problems
- Demonstrates a clear sense of their own role as an enabler of change
- Evidence of HR experience in an operational environment and track record of delivery.
- Experience of working in a business facing role with senior managers
- Experience of change management through consultation, including redundancy, TUPE, and T&Cs
- TUPE and M/A
- Excellent Employment Law knowledge
- Experience in an engineering environment
- Demonstrable track record of being culturally adept
- Resilient with excellent stakeholder management skills
We look for outstanding technical people, creative and analytical thinkers, decisions makers, influencers and excellent communicators. Join us today.