Location: Feltham (Infrequent travel will be required)
We are actively looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious Broadcast Engineer to join the Employed Consultant team here at Experis.
You will be part of a core team, including the Producer and the Director, responsible for developing a creative vision and technical plan to deliver an event that meets the customer's expectations and goals. The size of the team that supports this core depends on the size of the production and can range from 2-3 additional people to over a hundred of additional resources for large events.
This is an extremely collaborative process with each core team member having input into the creative and technical aspects of the production and be responsible for making the creative vision of the producer/director come to life.
- Provide technical support in the installation, operation and maintenance of our video/audio systems and equipment.
- IT skill related to Windows and/or Mac desktop support and Servers would be preferred
- Basic IT skills related to IPV-4 not required but would be desirable.
- IP video streaming basic skills required for show support.
- Communicates complex concepts; explains complicated information and provides alternative solutions to consider
- Determines the production techniques to be used: the types of equipment, studio set-up, necessary supplies and materials to complete the production
- Determines the types of production equipment to be purchased or rented for a particular event
- Plans and coordinates work schedules with team members
- Has significant budgetary input for each event production.
- Provides expert consultation to producers regarding equipment requirements, utilisation proposals, facility integration, post production design integration, and optimum equipment and facility utilisation
- Supervises team members to ensure optimum technical quality during production
- Coordinates strategic planning of our facilities.
- Responsible for engineering project management including coordinating and supervising outside vendors, pre-showing planning and testing, and risk mitigation planning.
Essential skills, abilities and behaviours:
- Ability to receive inputs from customers, producers and directors to render creative solutions for all aspects of technical delivery during a live show or recorded taped events.
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple tasks while adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of live broadcast and/or webcast production
- Strong organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Proven project management and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent communication, presentation, organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to manage event and video engineering crews as well as outside vendors
- Comfortable with technology
- Can do attitude
- Creative thinker
- Hands-on knowledge of broadcast video production equipment, broadcast and production practices, techniques and terminology
- Desire to learn and improve on existing knowledge
- Understanding and experience of using/troubleshooting the following equipment/technologies:
- Video/audio Routers
- DMX Lighting
- Analogue/Digital audio desks
- Vision mixers
- Broadcast character generators.
- Professional video camera packages.
- Edit suites and other software based apps.
- 6+ years professional experience in a live production environment
- AutoCAD skills desirable
- IT Windows & Mac desktop skills essential.
If you have the above skills please submit your CV .