Account Manager - Scotland
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Field Based Account Manager to join us here at Lexis Nexis based in our Scotland region.
The purpose of this role is to maximise revenue growth by proactively selling the LexisNexis suite of products to existing customers in a defined market to achieve and exceed targets whilst retaining, penetrating and nurturing the account base via an outstanding customer experience.
- Pro-active selling and negotiation of commercially sound contracts for existing and new customers. Retaining and growing key services within the existing customer base to achieve and exceed revenue targets
- Maintaining and developing strong relationships with customers through regular client meetings, responding to client requests and feedback in a timely manner.
- Conducting product demonstrations and client presentations as appropriate and ensuring quantity and quality of customer contact is in line with agreed targets. Effectively collaborate and proactive communicate across departments (eg training, marketing, credit control or business development) to maximise opportunities, customer care and success.
- Keeping up to date with market changes and developments, as well as new products.
- Timely production of regular and ad hoc sales reports.
- Technical specialist in own area, may deliver specialist knowledge and input independently.
- Deals with day-to-day operational problems within own area and solves problems by making judgements.
- Assumes accountability for results and is target focused and takes pride in achieving results and celebrating success
- Able to work a sales process and renewals process to ensure consistency and accuracy in both client facing effectiveness
Proven track record of working successfully in a challenging and commercially driven sales environment.
Experience of working within a B2B sales environment.
Strong and proven negotiation skills.
Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining excellent client relationships
Background in market information and data environment publishing or online solutions environment
Demonstrable results selling a solution leveraging a consultative approach is required
Ability to work with data, process oriented, highly organized and extremely self-motivated are a must.
Minimum three years' experience in an account management or sales role. Key Relationships
Product Owners and Team