Apprentice Quality Assurance Engineer
Full-time annual salary: GBP21,000
Training Contract Length: 16 months
Hours: 7 hours per day, 5 days per week
Closing date: 24 June 2019
Interview date: Week of Mon 1 July 2019
Please see the Apprentice QA Engineer Information Pack for all the information you might need.
Are you looking for an exciting apprentice opportunity at one of the UK's biggest brands?
In the role of the Apprentice Quality Assurance Engineer, you'll maintain the quality of software products at Cancer Research UK, making sure that they're tested thoroughly against strict industry standards to deliver quality to our users. We are looking for someone who has an interest in software and is looking to expand their knowledge and experience working for a well-respected Quality Assurance function.
What will I be doing?
- Assist the QA sub-teams in testing activities, including the investigation of failures and resolution with development teams
- Raising defects and working on other quality initiatives while working alongside other development teams
- Designing test strategies and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications
- Show passion and drive to improve team processes by providing new ideas and solutions
- Ad hoc tasks related to their role and the team with the opportunity to tailor the placement to any areas of interest/professional development objectives.
What skills are we looking for?
You'll be able to bring to the role:
- An awareness of software development processes, information architecture, web development and associated technologies (don't worry, we're not looking for any detailed experience in this)
- An understanding of automated testing tools and techniques
- Enthusiastic about digital, technology and the impact that technology has on how we work and communicate within the workplace.
- Confidence using Microsoft Office programmes, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Confidence to spot and suggest opportunities.
- Some knowledge of SQL
We're always looking for people from a wide range of backgrounds, who can bring different perspectives, so you don't need to have had previous charity experience to apply. Cancer is something that impacts everyone and we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the audience we work with.
What will I gain?
This role will add real value to Cancer Research UK so we want to ensure you're getting a lot out of it too. As an apprentice you'll go through a structured 16 month development programme with our training provider Firebrand. Firebrand offers a unique Higher Level 4 IT Apprenticeship scheme that provides award-winning industry training and certifications, valuable work experience and offers on-going support all with the ultimate goal of securing you a long-term career within the world of technology.
How do I apply?
Please apply online by uploading your details and answering a couple of application questions. We'd also like a CV to show your education history and any work experience.
More detail about the training programme can be found in the Apprentice QA Engineer information pack. The interests and skills you highlight in your application and at interview will help us match you to one of these roles.
Please note, the system does not allow you to save your progress so you'll need to complete the online application in one go. You are advised to make a note of the application questions and work on them in a separate programme e.g. Microsoft Word. When you're ready you can copy and paste your answers into the application form.