Head of Policy Research - UK
CREATING A BRIGHTER FUTURE FOR ALL
Head of Policy Research - UK
The Head of Policy Research will lead a highly successful and dynamic team of public policy and social research specialists who work across the public sector. You will ensure the highest quality research and continue to build effective client partnerships across the social realm. You will extend the Kantar Public policy research offer, developing innovation and collaborating with Kantar Public colleagues globally.
Kantar Public are the global leaders in providing the evidence and capability to inspire better public policies, services and communications. We partner with our clients around the world on the next generation of public policy challenges, equipped and skilled at working in a post-globalisation, digital and dynamic world. We have our roots in many of the world's best known social research businesses, and with over thirty, fully-staffed offices in every continent, we identify global best practice and deliver it through local expertise.
- Shape and drive the strategic direction and management of our Policy Research offer at Kantar Public UK.
- Client relationships - working closely to cement and develop trusted adviser relationships with teams across the public sector and fostering a client focused approach within the Policy team.
- Financial growth - responsibility for growing policy research at Kantar Public UK, including responsibility for the Policy team P&L account and revenue growth.
- Team management - leading and developing a strong multi-disciplinary team of researchers and evidence specialists. Direct management of the director team and overall responsibility for effective resourcing and client programme delivery
- Methods skills - strong quantitative and mixed methods skills, including classical and innovative methods; and a desire and ability to develop an innovative team, extending the range of methods utilised while ensuring continued high quality of existing approaches.
- Thought leadership and convening - leading a on going programme of thought leadership to build client engagement and contribute to the quality of thinking in the public realm, through events, platforms or written content.
- An established business and team leader capable of developing and implementing strategic business plans, overseeing a team and building relationships internally and stakeholders.
- Strong capability in developing talent, building a high performing team, and supporting a dynamic, well supported work environment where individuals flourish.
- A successful track record of business development in the public, commercial or innovation sector and proven ability to drive business growth within a team; and outstanding client handling skills.
- Proven track record of delivering research and undertaking project oversight, including the ability to add value through method/policy expertise.
- Possess knowledge and established relationships within the public realm and a commitment to delivering high quality and impactful research in this area.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to influence and operate effectively in a complex, client facing organisation.
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. Apply for a career that's out of the ordinary and join us.
At Kantar, the diversity of our employees provides a richer environment for our employees and broader depth and breadth of thinking for our clients. Kantar is committed to inclusion and diversity, therefore we welcome applications from all sections of society and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the volume of applications received we are only able to respond to successful applicants and will do so within 14 days.