Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Training Officer to join our HR Team based atour Head Office in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full time basis as part of a 1 year fixed term contract and in return you will receive a competitive salary of GBP20,000-23,000 per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Training and Learning Officer:
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading on all matters related to Training, Learning and Development, including:
- Identify Training and Development needs through job analysis, appraisals and regular consultation with Line Managers
- Manage a Learning and Development budget and plan and assess the 'return on investment' of any training or development programme, including evaluating the effectiveness of training programmes through feedback forms
- Manage the Training Matrix of learning needs and completed training sessions and ensure it is kept accurately up to date to audit standards, ensuring that statutory requirements are met
- Devise and develop in-house e-learning training materials
- Work with in-house experts in their field to create additional training resources
- Create and deliver engaging 1-2-1 and group training sessions across the organization, based on in-house requirements
- Proactively coordinate training sessions and arrange trainees' travel and accommodation where necessary
- Develop a Preferred Supplier List (PSL) of external training providers, ensuring best quality, return on investment and value for money
- Keep up to date with new developments and methodologies in training and workplace learning by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
Benefits of joining us as our Training Officer include:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
What we're looking for in our Training Officer:
- Ideally educated to Degree level or qualified by experience
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience working in a Training / HR / Learning and Development remit
- Highly organised, with an ability to multitask and manage a busy workload
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrable experience of presenting and delivering training sessions
- Passionate about international development work and humanitarian aid
This would be the ideal role for an HR Graduate or Experienced Training Professional looking to further their career and make a difference in the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click 'apply' today to become our Training Officer - we would love to hear from you.