Our client is seeking a full time Assistant Accountant to support and report to the Group Accountant at their head office.
Some of the specific duties of the role include:
- On going reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts including stock, accruals and debtor accounts, investigating outstanding items and resolving in a correct and timely manner.
- Reconciling profits on vehicle sales, investigating and resolving variances.
- Preparation and processing of daily banking
- Updating vehicle stock records for monthly revaluations.
- Posting and reporting on advertising and marketing expenditure.
- Posting of finance commission.
- Review of aged debtors, liaising with managers to get them paid.
- Liaising with department managers resolve outstanding accounting issues.
- Act as holiday cover for the Director responsible for daily bank reconciliation and bank account postings.
- Plus working with the Group Accountant to assist with the preparation of the monthly Management Accounts and in the fullness of time be able to generate Management Accounts independently.
The role would ideally be filled by someone who is fully AAT qualified or similar; Motor Retail experience would be useful but not necessary. Strong IT skills, Excel in particular are essential. The ideal candidate will also have methodical, logical and common sense approach to resolving accounting issues and ensuring variance's and differences are professionally dealt with to ensure Management Accounts are accurate.
The role will develop over time as additional duties and responsibilities will be added, the pace of which will be dictated by the businesses requirements and the successful candidates ability to absorb additional duties
Monday to Friday 8.30 to 5.30