Company: AVG Technologies UK Limited
Job Title: Associate
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000
Starting date: 14 June 2019
End date: 12 July 2019
We are seeking an Associate to join our Corporate Development team in London. Reporting to the SVP Strategy & Corporate Development, you will contribute to the realisation of global growth strategy, via acquisitions and other strategic transactions, of AVG and its corporate parent Avast.
This role may be particularly attractive and suitable to an investment banking analyst considering whether to continue in current role or enter an MBA programme. This role presents the opportunity to develop in-house corporate M&A experience, either as a first step in a continuing corporate career or as a broadening experience prior to an MBA.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Originating acquisition opportunities, including research and analysis of appropriate targets
• Researching assets within private equity portfolios to identify potential target opportunities
• Engaging with market participants and targets as appropriate, to identify opportunities
• Supporting Corp Dev leadership on active projects as required, including:
o Reviewing company presentations, teasers, information memoranda, etc.
o Building acquisition business models including scenario analysis
o Preparing target valuations based on DCF and comparables
o Running due diligence processes and other transaction-related processes
• Managing M&A pipeline and internal review processes and materials
• Maintaining and supporting competitive analyses
• Maintaining database of comparable transactions and public company comparables
• Maintaining and updating M&A templates and other materials
Skills, qualifications and experience requirements
• Background in corporate finance, including relevant prior professional experience in an M&A-focused investment banking analyst role with a top firm or corporate environment
• Ability to thrive in a small and flexible high-performing collegial team where large responsibility is given, commensurate with ability.
• Financial qualification (bachelor’s degree or higher in Economics preferable)
• Relevant prior experience in analysis of transactions, and the due diligence process
• Relevant prior experience of working on high value and M&A transactions
• Relevant prior experience of drafting models, Q&As and documentation
• Strong technical skills
• Strong presentation and communication skills, including prior experience of delivering client presentations and communicating with clients, prospective clients, management, etc. in the corporate finance field.
• Ability to engage at all levels including senior, both internally and externally
• Ability to think strategically and analytically, with flexibility and creativity
• Comfortable working closely as part of a team, as well as fully independently
Benefits and Perks
• The chance to join a major global tech company
• Many opportunities for professional growth
• Amazing and truly international work environment
• Cool office in central London (pool table, table tennis, games consoles)
• Weekly breakfast and company lunch
• Attractive pension & health insurance plan
• Quarterly discretionary bonus scheme
• 25 days of holiday, 5 sick days
• Interest-free Season Ticket Loan
• And much more!
Sounds like fun? We look forward to hearing from you!