Reach PLC is looking for E-Commerce writers to join its growing editorial team on a casual basis for 3 months initially.
The role is primarily to work on Mirror, but may also involve writing for some of our other platforms too. The right candidate will be part of our Content Commercialisation team and will be writing e-commerce content covering a range of consumer categories.
We are looking to expand our existing consumer content and offer our audience authoritative and informative product buying guides, price comparison round-ups and reviews.
If you are a talented writer who is commercially aware and bursting with lots of creative ideas, but are looking for casual work we want to hear from you.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Create interesting, informative and engaging editorial content that drives affiliate revenue.
- Work closely with our SEO teams and our commercial partners to deliver content that is on brand and seamlessly integrates commerce and content whilst driving search traffic.
- Contribute to overall editorial strategy and implementation of creating e-commerce content.
- Update existing content and track and monitor traffic and revenue performance.
- Provide additional support to wider editorial teams when required.
The Ideal Candidate
- A journalist with solid writing ability and proven experience working on a digital platform (ideally minimum of 1 years experience).
- Has excellent knowledge of SEO and an ability to generate content using search trend tools (Google Analytics, Semrush or similar) and data to drive revenue and traffic.
- A solid understanding and interest in consumer trends and the hottest new products - background or specialism in (in tech, fashion and beauty or food and drink) advantageous.
- Works to a high standard under tight deadlines and is flexible in approach and attitude to work.
- Commercially switched on and an excellent communicator.
- Has basic Photoshop skills and decent design sense.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at