Assistant Director of Sales - Hotel
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, commercially-driven Assistant Director of Sales with a real passion for sales and people to join our client's flagship City of Bath Hotel, the city's largest hotel with 177 guest bedrooms and conference & events space for over 400 people.
Please note: This is a 12-month fixed term contract.
As the Assistant Director of Sales, you will lead the sales, groups and events departments to ensure all financial targets, KPIs and budgets are met. You will plan and deliver effective sales strategies and ensure your team are developed and motivated with clear direction and targets, whilst ensuring excellence in customer service is delivered throughout.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Creating and delivering annual sales plans in-line with business requirements to drive profitable revenue growth through all segments
• Managing the corporate segment along with universities, government, partnerships, weddings sales, direct MICE
• Managing RFPs season and all corporate rate agreements
• Implementing sales promotions and initiatives where necessary
• Leading projects, ensuring strong management and clear communication to ensure the success of each task
• Maximising all sales lead opportunities within the hotel
• Identifying new markets to drive new sales revenues into hotel
• Ensuring all sales packages, structures and selling techniques are measured, current, calculated and clearly communicated to team to ensure smooth running of sales & events
• Identifying areas of risk & opportunity and acting upon them in a timely manner
• Ensuring accurately yielding, forecasting, budgeting and reporting
• Setting clear expectations and ensure all SOPs and business strategies are followed and met
• Integrating into Bath local community, developing essential relationships for business success
• Ensuring effective processes are in place for the recruitment, induction, training and development of all team members
• Ensuring performance is reviewed on a regular basis, recognising and celebrating success, and refocusing effort where targets are missed
• Meeting all individual KPIs and managing the team to achieve the same
• Developing, coaching and mentoring the team and ensuring the G&E Manager does the same
The ideal candidate for Assistant Director of sales will have / be:
• A natural motivator with strong leadership skills and the ability to set clear expectations
• Financially and commercially aware with a strong sales background
• Tenacious, driven and self-confident with a positive can-do attitude
• A good communicator with excellent presenting skills and customer service skills
• Experienced sales techniques to maximise all revenue opportunities and aid conversions
• Professional and approachable attitude at all times
• An innovative and a forward thinker with the ability to troubleshoot effectively
As Assistant Director of Sales, there is a salary on offer of GBP38,000 to GBP40,000 per annum depending on experience.
With a dynamic environment, warm and welcoming people, great career opportunities, this is one job where you'll look forward to coming to work. Our client also offers great benefits which include:
• Free gym membership
• Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
• 50% discount in our restaurants
• Discounted room rates - visit our hotels in London and Scotland for just GBP50 per night
• Help to buy a bike
• Ongoing training and development
• Employee of the Month and Awards Ceremony to celebrate your achievements
• Contributions to a pension scheme
• Access to legal and financial advice
• Critical illness cover
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Hotel, sales director, director of sales, events manager, hotel sales manager