Senior Purchasing Administrator
A retail FMCG business require a Senior Purchasing Assistant. Applicants need experience in a purchasing, supply chain, order management, Sales order processing, or logistics role, and have strong MS Excel skills.
The Senior Purchasing Administrator will join a large supply chain function responsible for the management of the purchase order process. Available initially on an 8 month fixed term contract to cover maternity, there is the possibility of future extensions. This retail FMCG business manufacture their products in the Far East, and the Senior Purchasing Assistant will be responsible for placing purchase orders based on customer requirements, to initiate the movement of goods.
Specific duties of the Senior Purchasing Administrator include:
- Check customer orders are in line with forecast
- Ensure purchase orders raised are on schedule with purchasing and business plans
- Liaison with freight forwarders re: customer delivery dates
- Maintain stock codes, costs, prices and product data in the company ERP and MS Excel
- Prepare costings and associated data for purchase orders
- Work with warehouse, accounts and suppliers to resolve discrepancies
- Play an active and lead role in the team, supporting management
Senior Purchasing Administrator applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Purchasing Administration, Order Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, or sales order processing experience
- Strong MS Excel skills
- ERP, MRP or experience using planning tools or similar business software
- Excellent communication, teamwork and relationship building skills
- Happy to work an 8 month FTC, with the potential for extensions
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.