Volunteer Project Officer - Development (6 Month FTC)
This post will provide effective and efficient support to ensure projects and services are delivered to agreed targets and milestones with a particular focus on Volunteer Development.
The post-holder will work within a small team of Volunteering staff supporting Volunteer Development.
The main duties are as follows:
- Provide support to a range of projects and activities as required including volunteer development, engagement and communications.
- Co-ordinate activity from staff and volunteers to ensure effective delivery as required.
- Monitoring of the volunteer journey, from appointment to retirement, making sure staff and volunteers abide to policies and procedures.
- Develop project plans and schedules. Monitor progress to ensure achievement of milestones, targets and compliance with budgets and IA guidelines.
- Support robust project monitoring and evaluation including impact measures.
- Enter, update and maintain service and project data to a high level of accuracy and with good attention to detail.
- Produce reports on progress and data as required.
- Assist in volunteer training delivery, review and evaluation.
- Be a point of contact for volunteering policy, procedures and best practice.
- Work with colleagues and staff across IA to ensure volunteers and older people are involved in planning, delivery, quality, evaluation and practice.
- Co-ordinate production and dissemination of resources and materials and liaise with communications Work together with staff across IA to ensure accurate representation of Volunteering across teams and projects.
- Draft copy for print and online communications and upload to internet/ intrane / website as required.
- Co-ordinate meetings and events for internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Respond to enquiries as required in a timely and courteous manner, including managing inboxes.
- Issue contracts and process contracts and invoices as required in line with IA policies and procedures.
- Represent IA externally as required.
- Support the development and delivery of partnerships and the delivery of partnership activity to further the strategic aims of IA as required.
- Support volunteer recruitment activities as required meeting targets and quality standards. Support Wellbeing Telephone Services Team activity as required.
- Support and manage office volunteers