We are looking for an experienced project manager to lead our hugely exciting project to design and deliver a new visitor experience and operating model for the Bath Assembly Rooms, when the National Trust takes on direct management of the building from March 2023. This role will work alongside our Project Curator to shape the plans and build the partnerships required to deliver first class experiences at the Bath Assembly Rooms for public benefit. We also anticipate growing the project team in due course and the successful applicant will play a key role in shaping and forming the team.
We anticipate interviews for this post will be held on Tuesday 16th July in Bath.
What you'll be doing
Supported by your consultancy manager (line manager), the Bath Portfolio general manager (project client) and the assistant director of consultancy (project sponsor), you will pull together a project team to take this major project through the project lifecycle. The role will include leading our engagement with stakeholders in the city and key funding partners as we develop the right solutions to realise our vision.
Bath Assembly Rooms are currently leased to Bath and North East Somerset Council and a core workstream for this role will be to manage the transition from current arrangements to the National Trust directly managing the property from March 2023. The first phase of the project will be to lead the project team to develop the business case for a future operating model, including capital costs and revenue projections. You will also be an active part of the South West region's project management community. A network of sharing of best practice and mentoring, as well as technical support and development, all ensuring that our projects are delivering benefits in line with our national strategy.
Who we're looking for
To deliver this role successfully, you'll need to have:
- Proven track record of planning and delivering major projects
- Experience in leading and delivering complex projects with multiple external stakeholders
- Experience of good financial management and procurement best practice
- Ability to create and deliver a project from inception to completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of developing strong and robust business cases for major capital investment
- A good knowledge of planning, conservation and sustainable development issues
- A clear client focus and excellent client relationship management skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills