Senior Manager Financial Crime
Act as an SME advising the business on all aspects of regulatory compliance. Have expert knowledge of the external regulatory environment with a deep understanding of emerging trends and developments in Financial Services and how this impacts and can be leveraged in respect of potential opportunities.
To lead a team of SME's to advise the business design and implement a regulatory compliant strategy. This involves having expert knowledge of the external regulatory environment and have deep understanding of emerging trends and developments in Financial Services and how the business is both impacted and equally leverage these opportunities.
Directly responsible for business wide Financial Crime training strategy across AML, Sanctions, Anti Bribery and Corruption and Criminal Finances Act. The role is about the design of both generic and specialised training across the organisation - to support partners in respect of knowledge and confidence to operate compliantly.
Responsible for Financial Crime communication strategy to keep business partners informed of Financial Crime developments, including Regulator expectations. Responsibility for the risk scanning strategy and how this will impact the business will play a part of this role, and you will be expected to guide and oversee the impact of industry and regulatory changes. an ability to design and submit Financial Crime investment requests to support Financial Crime strategies and ensure systems remain relevant and compliant to regulatory expectations.
- Financial Crime lead to support strategic initiatives across the business to provide consistent and specialist opinion / guidance.
- Own the Financial Crime regulatory change agenda, undertaking initial gap analysis and oversee the business areas develop plans to implement necessary change to operate compliantly.
- Design and implement the Financial Crime training strategy - across generic, targeted and specialised training activity.
- Taking time to understand approach to effective training and suitability to the audience.
- Demonstrate to the regulator that the training and awareness strategy is aligned to regulatory expectations and reflective of the companies strategy.
- Manage partner engagement survey across Financial Crime to lead the ongoing actions required to improve the working environment.
- Own the development of the Financial Crime skills matrix to support team development.
- Responsible for the maintaining of the 'Financial Crime Investment /Change Portfolio' - linking with annual budgeting process to secure funds to support new initiatives within the team.
- Lead the business in the objective of identifying industry wide best practice and innovation.
- Drives adherence to the organisations risk and compliance policies and relevant external regulatory frameworks within their function or team.
- Leads the development of business strategy and ensures the co-ordination and delivery of effective information, interpretation and guidance, enabling business areas to assess the downstream implications linked to their decisions.
- Initiates, leads and delivers agreed change programmes to achieve continuous improvement.
Skills / Experience:
- Experienced and have a number of years broad knowledge in Financial Crime, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management skills - able to build strong relationships at all levels of the business.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills, with experience of leading high performing teams
- Be recognised by your stakeholders as providing excellent support