Consultant, US/UK High Net Worth, Tax
You will advise a diverse and sought after client portfolio and have the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in both UK and US tax. From day-one, you will work closely with clients that could include entrepreneurs, popular sports clubs, ultra-high net worth individuals, major hedge funds and entertainment companies, advising them on some of the most professionally rewarding projects in the market.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
In Deloitte's US/UK High Net Worth group, it's our job to help our clients navigate the intricacies of the UK and US tax systems, advising them on every aspect of personal tax. Recognised as a market leader within this space, our goal is to proactively deliver the very best advice to our clients, with whom we seek to build deep and lasting relationships.
Made up of over 40 tax specialists from a diverse range of backgrounds, we are a team that is continuing to grow, both in terms of size and the type of client work we take on. You will not only work closely with entrepreneurs and ultra-high net worth individuals, but clients from a range of industries including some of the world's leading banks, law firms and multinationals, to major hedge funds and partnerships, to some of the most sought after entertainment companies and popular sports clubs in the country.
- Providing US and UK tax advice to a portfolio of clients in relation to their intricate personal tax affairs to develop knowledge acquisition
- Taking responsibility for a number of client engagements, including liaising directly with clients and third parties to build relationships, and understanding the needs of clients to set the scope and budget for work accordingly with senior members on the engagements.
- Overseeing and monitoring the tax compliance services provided to our clients through our Compliance Centres of Excellence to maximise engagement management
- Building internal networks within the firm to encourage collaboration, not only within Deloitte Tax but across service lines and globally, and attending external networking and intermediary events to build eminence in the market
- Supporting more junior members of the team through participation in talent initiatives (i.e. buddy/mentoring new joiners), regular feedback and effective delegation to promote stewardship and personal development
- Joining one of our strategic working groups. You can become involved in exciting projects ranging from business development roadshows and events, robotics and automation, diversity and inclusion workshops, and technical and skills-based training.
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time. However, there is the opportunity for working on a flexible basis particularly aligned to the busier / quieter periods within the financial cycle.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the respective role you must have:
- UK and/or US technical skills with qualifications to support, either ATT/CTA or EA/CPA;
- Not a dual-handler? Not a problem - we are looking for individuals with an appetite to develop skills in both and we will provide full training; so individuals with experience in either UK or US tax should also consider applying for this role
- Great communication skills, both written and oral, and good business acumen and commercial awareness
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Able to take ownership, use initiative to resolve problems with practical solutions and exercise appropriate levels of judgement
- Drive and ambition to succeed and exceed our clients' expectations and a pro-active approach to personal development
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context
- Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Experience of delegation and interest and skills to develop more junior members of the team
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal
Requisition code: 165385