Marketing & Commercial Executive
HRA Global are approaching their tenth year of business and as an innovative, international and dynamic food and drink consultancy and due to continued business growth, are on the lookout for an ambitious graduate level player to join their team as a Marketing & Commercial Executive, working on a variety of interesting projects for our clients. This established and well-regarded company boasts a relaxed, informal and lively atmosphere in a sought after, coastal Devon location some 300 meters from the beach.
This varied role will include development in and exposure to, all four main areas of the business (business development, marketing, commercial consulting & market research). This role is perfect for a motivated graduate wanting to gain a rounded experience of working agency-side in the food and drink market - over time you will build a broad set of skills in the business development, marketing, market research and commercial areas and will have a chance to deliver against challenging briefs in all these areas. The natural pathway from this role would be to progress to Consultant level and beyond.
The major initial focus for role will be on business development - playing a key part in the HRA team, which is seeking out potential customers for our clients, whether these customers are supermarkets who could sell their products, or brands looking for a manufacturer. This work will also include making contact with these customers, informing them about our client's services/products and maintaining these relationships where necessary once business is secured.
The other half of the role will be spent gaining experience in commercial strategy, marketing and market research projects. You will assist senior consultants on these projects and will be given full training. We'll encourage you to consider further professional study - perhaps the Institute of Sales, Chartered Institute of Marketing or Market Research Society etc and we'll back you with time off and financial support if this is what you choose.
About HRA Global
HRA Global, one of Europe's leading Food and Drink consultancies, is seeking to hire a Marketing & Commercial Executive. This role would suit an ambitious degree level qualified person who is looking for a challenging role in the fast-moving Food industry and who wants to build experience of marketing, business development, consulting and market research in one of the most exciting industries in the world. From protein drinks to popcorn, functional food to frozen or ready meals to restaurants - the Food & Drink market is one that is ever changing.
This full-time role offers a high quality of life-work balance with exposure to a variety of projects, international clients and travel opportunities - all with a pathway of progression to Consultant and beyond.
The role reports to the Marketing and Commercial Consultant and the following summary of the role is shown below with a rough indication of how much of your time will be dedicated to each area.
Business Development (50%)
- Conducting thorough desk research on potential partners/buyers and seeking out their contact details.
- Approaching potential partners/buyers on behalf of our customers through email, calls and occasional face to face meetings with warm leads, alongside the HRA team and/or the client.
- Servicing existing business on behalf of clients (e.g. liaising with supermarket buyers to agree listings, pricing, promotions and new products, or helping a manufacturer with another flavour or product format development)
- Conducting business development on behalf of HRA through identifying potential customers and reaching out to them in a thoughtful way that highlights the specific areas HRA could help them with.
Commercial strategy (20%)
- Assisting the commercial team with desk research projects including category analysis. This will typically include researching grocery markets, competitors and/or acquisition targets on behalf of clients.
- Designing compelling and visually attractive presentations/reports to summarise your research and assist the commercial team with strategic recommendations for clients (e.g. new flavours to launch, new markets to enter, packaging alterations etc.)
- Researching topics to help create compelling content for the website, newsletter and for the team to deliver talks and presentations at various industry conferences.
Marketing & branding (20%)
- Assisting the Marketing Consultant on Marketing & Brand Development projects where necessary (e.g. liaise with designers on packaging/print/website projects, writing briefs for creatives, managing budgets and providing creative direction)
- Assisting the Marketing Consultant with marketing strategy projects both internally and for clients
Market research (10%)
- A small part of the job will entail assisting the market research team with fieldwork such as focus groups, taste tests and VLOGs. This will include assisting on taste tests projects by welcoming and briefing participants, handing out and clearing away samples and materials.
What you'll get
The company boasts an excellent working environment in a contemporary office where every individual has the opportunity to make an impact. There is a clear career path at HRA marked with increasing responsibility, accountability and reward - you progress as fast as your skills and attitude allow.
The company will support you with training and skills development, including mentoring and professional study as appropriate. You will receive a full package of benefits that's competitive with and benchmarked to the top players in the industry.
- Competitive salary of GBP23-25,000 (plus annual bonus of c10-20%)
- Pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance building to 30 days plus public holidays
- Financial support for further study e.g. professional exams
- Participation in the Cycle to Work scheme offering discounted purchases
- Regular socials and team events in a welcoming culture
- Flexible working opportunities
- Excellent scope for progression
- Highly sought after, South Devon location next to the beach
What you need
- Educated to degree level with a 2:1 or above, from a UK University within the last 3 years.
- IT literate with experience and familiarity in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to drive and access to a car would be beneficial, though not essential - we will support you with flexible working so you can fit driving lessons around work life
- Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship
Attributes - you will be able to relate to and evidence the following personal attributes:
- Strong verbal communicator, with excellent written English.
- Persistence and resilience - able to keep plugging away and get a result.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
- Organised and process driven approach - a thinker, planner and organiser with good administrative skills.
- Commitment, self-motivation, an enquiring mind and a genuine interest in food and drink products, shopper behaviour and market dynamics.
- You will have a genuine desire to learn, develop and grow.
- You will be happy to take on new challenges and immediate responsibility.
This role requires someone with an organised, methodical mind and the ability to communicate their knowledge effectively. You will use a creative and determined approach to solve problems, supported by the wider team, and deliver tailor-made solutions. You will utilise your existing knowledge and experience whilst actively building upon it.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to expand the consultancy, gain national and international client-facing experience and develop an understanding of global food and drink market dynamics.
Application closing date: 09/07/19 (early applications encouraged)
Interview date: 15/07/19
Start date: July/August 2019
End date: Permanent position.
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW