Food & Beverage Team Leader
Do you enjoy supervising and leading a talented, enthusiastic, passionate team? Are you a customer focussed individual wanting to provide exceptional customer service? If so this role could be for you.
The Hours: Working 5 days over 7. No evenings & No split shifts. Flexible options available. 37.5 hours per week.
The Salary: GBP19,681 per annum (Includes London Weighting).
Duration: Fixed Term Contract until 2 nd September 2019.
What It's like to work here
This outstanding property offers a great setting to work within. With the change of seasons come a variety of events and themes so you will always find there is something new to be involved in and to share with customers. Working here you will truly feel that you are part of an inspired team who work together to ensure that our special places last forever.
What you'll be doing
You'll love leading a small team, and with your passion for food and ability to identify new income opportunities, you'll assist the Food & Beverage Manager to deliver an excellent experience for all our visitors at our special place. Through effective supervision and leadership, you will motivate the team of staff and volunteers to work towards a culture of exceptional service and make it a great place to work.
Ensuring the team are competently trained and compliant with relevant legislation, you'll also make sure every food and drink order is beautifully presented and served with a smile. You'll work with your team to ensure the outlet is well presented and tables are cleared efficiently.
You'll be proud to share our valuable work with our customers and look to contribute new ideas so that we can maximise profit which can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
Who we're looking for
You'll need to be;
- Customer focussed with great communication skills both verbal and written
- Passionate about food
- Creative and proactive and love seeking out new opportunities
- An inspirational leader
- Confident supervising teams - rota's, managing absence, giving feedback
- Aware of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Benefits for working for The National Trust;
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust Shops & National Trust Cafes
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (Under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% of basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering per year
How to Apply
Closing Date: 2 nd July 2019.
We only accept on-line applications. If you require reasonable adjustment or other assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact the Recruitment Team on
Short listing is carried out objectively by assessing the information you provide against the requirements of the job as set out in the vacancy details on our website. If you are short listed, you be contacted and invited to attend an interview.
We will also tell you if you need you to do anything else such as a skills test, presentation or a property visit.
Please note that we reserve the right to close this advert early and therefore we encourage you to apply for this position early.