Trade Counter Assistant
How would you like to work for an ambitious company rated 'Outstanding' by its employees? Can you apply our values of Integrity, Loyalty and Ambition into every customer you meet and any task you undertake as well as promoting our goals of 'Best Products, Best Price and Best Service'?
As a 'Trade Only' supplier of plumbing and heating materials, with over 45 years trading experience, Williams & Co currently employs over 320 employees across 37 sites across the country. We pride ourselves on being dedicated to our people and believe it is important to demonstrate honesty and ethical behaviour.
Williams & Co is proud to be a Living Wage Foundation Employer. We are currently looking for a Trade Counter Assistant, if you feel you have the skills and attributes to succeed in this role, please apply now!
- Free Parking
- 4 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays (increases with length of service)
- Private Medical Insurance (After qualifying period)
- Death in Service of 4 x annual salary
- Training and Development
- Opportunity for shared ownership
The main purpose of this role is to serve customers on the phone and on the trade counter. The role also includes liaising with with suppliers and proving a world class service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serving customers on the trade counter and on the phone
- Replenishing stock and keeping the front of house area presentable
- Picking customer orders
- Computer operation
- Placing customer orders
- Carrying out stock checks
- Liaising with suppliers
- Assisting with general branch duties
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literate
- Numerate and literate
- Ability to follow instructions
- Be able to use their own initiative
- Have an ambitious outlook
- Ideally have experience of the plumbing industry and its products