Community Logistics Manager
Join The Challenge, the UK's longest-standing provider of NCS, and help us ensure the smooth running of our youth and community programme on-site throughout July to September this summer.
NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their local communities.
This role has the option on living residentially on-site (usually at a university halls of residence) throughout their role.
- Manage the relationship with our accommodation provider
- Line manage a number of seasonal staff
- Conduct and monitor risk assessments for the residential site, day venues and evening spaces used on the programme
- Order and distribute large quantities of food, and oversee the evening cooking sessions conducted by the young people
- Organise transport, equipment, accommodation and health & safety briefings for each new cohort of young people and seasonal staff
- Proven organisational and logistical skills
- Proven ability to manage professional relationships
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment and communicating with a range of people
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt working style to different environments
This role is perfect for an experienced relationship and project manager looking to take their skills somewhere a little different this summer. Free accommodation throughout the role is optional, but not required.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.