Payroll & Benefits Officer
LOCATION: READINGROLE PURPOSE
To support the Finance function through the administration of employee payroll and online benefits.JOB DESCRIPTIONPayroll - Monthly
* Prepare monthly payroll using the following procedures and processes:
* Meet with HR prior to payroll cut-off to ensure that all changes to employee records and pay have been communicated to payroll department
* Move relevant bring forward information and all pay information emailed to the Payroll department to the current payroll file
* Download all new tax codes & student loan notices from the Huntswood HMRC portal
* Update monthly payroll with all payment and deductions changes including benefits.
* Calculate SMP, SPP and SSP and company maternity pay where applicable
* Prepare monthly payroll reports for review by the Financial Controller
* Carry out any other ad hoc payroll calculations as required, including leaver, absence and maternity calculations for HR
* Prepare and upload the monthly reconciled and approved pension file to the workplace pension provider
* Carry out monthly RTI processes with HMRC to include the FPS and EPS
* Issue P60s to employees in April
* Prepare P11ds for issue in May/June
* Conduct new employee face to face benefits inductions. Add new employees to the benefit site using paperwork provided by HR and email address provided by IT; set up employee password and open flex window.
* Prepare Benefits letter and issue to employee during benefits induction
* Run monthly enrolment processes on UChoose, print change reports, check and send to providers.
* Update payroll with benefits charges where applicable and advise HR if employees have purchased holiday so their HR Express record can be updated.
* Process cycle to work, car leasing, car parking and child care vouchers requests for communication to third party suppliers
* Reset passwords and answer benefit queries where necessary.
* Any other ad-hoc Finance Department tasks as requiredESSENTIAL SKILLS
* Previous payroll and benefits experience
* Previous experience of a payroll system. Preferably the Iris Earnie system.
* Previous experience of an online benefits system
* Computer literate with experience of Excel, Word and Outlook
* Ability to work under pressure to fixed deadlines
* Possess a professional attitude
* Possess excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Well organised
* Ability to work under own initiativeCORE BEHAVIOURS
To work with, Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
* Confidential, reliable and genuine
* Dynamic, passionate and determined
* Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."