Our client, the best Motor Trade employer in the UK, are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant.
Applicants must have experience in the motor trade, unfortunately experience from any other sector will not be considrered for this position at this stage.
- To assist the Assistant Accountant in the financial control and financial policies of the company.
- Support the finance function by providing and processing data to assist the Assistant Accountant meet company reporting targets and deadlines.
- Complete daily bank reconciliation and all associated postings
- Process and post Daily transaction report
- Raise, issue, write up, and key to ADP all appropriately authorised refund cheque requisitions.
- Complete monthly demonstrator and Used car funding reconciliation
- Perform ADP control account reconciliation, where relevant.
- Maintain the working environment in an organised, tidy manner with all filing current.
- Process and post warranty credit notes on to ADP and report differences weekly to Warranty controller/After-Sales manager for checking
- Ensure all debtor accounts are reconciled and reported to Assistant Accountant on a weekly basis.
- To ensure that all debtors are telephoned for prompt payment on a regular basis.
- Send weekly cash debt list to Aftersales manager/Parts manager and Bodyshop department
- Report all overdue after-sales debt weekly to relevant managers
- Ensure relevant systems and files are set up and maintained accurately.
- Monthly and weekly processing of relevant transfers.
- Raise relevant internal paperwork ensuring accuracy at all times.
- To ensure debtors meeting takes place on a regular business .
- To set up and maintain sales ledger accounts within the company rules ( i.e., SOX).
- Ensure all queries are handled promptly and accurately.
- To dress in a manner commensurate with this job role.
- Any extra tasks at the request of Management.
- To ensure that all purchases are posted to the appropriate accounts and that payments are received and entered into the accounts.
- To ensure that all company policies and procedures applicable to their area of responsibility are adhered to at all times.
40hr per week
Monday to Friday Flex start/finish times - 8am - 5pm/9am - 6pm
GBP24k - GBP27k basic DOE and could be higher
Experience in the motor trade is a MUST! As is a solid working history.
Further training and development with HUGE career prospects
Who are you applying to?
The Solution Automotive Recruitment has been placing candidates into the UK Motor Trade since 1999. We have a fantastic relationship with all our clients and candidates across the country, many very long standing relationships.
If you are skilled and experienced Automotive candidate, we want to hear from you and rest assured, you'll be dealing with a person, not just a consultant!
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we get, we can only respond to the candidates who match the criteria set for this vacancy. We will retain your CV on our database and make contact as and when suitable vacancies arise. We will NEVER send your CV anywhere without your permission.