Graduate Trainee Communications and Marketing Officer
The main purpose of this job is to support the promotion of Devon County Council, its role in community leadership and its services, to the people of Devon, employees and stakeholders in line with the authority's Better Together vision. The role also includes support for the Marketing, Digital, Internal Communications and Press & PR Teams.
- To assist with the delivery of corporate communication activity including providing project based support across a wide range of projects and campaigns to support corporate communications priorities.
- Support communications colleagues to devise, deliver and evaluate high quality marketing campaigns and communication activities to meet the needs of Devon County Council and its audiences, by focusing on raising awareness of the services provided by the organisation across the county and online.
- To help develop, co-ordinate and write effective communication for internal and external audiences
- Support internal communications campaigns and content to relevant target audiences using existing communications channels.
- Support the web and digital team with content creation and maintenance for the organisations websites.
- Support the production of press releases and other forms of media communication
- Work on and continually innovate the organisation's approach to social media, supporting staff and managers across the organisation to develop imaginative approaches to social media which engage existing and potential users of Devon County Council, and our partners, services.
- Monitor the impact of communications and marketing activity, preparing data and reports for senior managers and client services, as appropriate.
- To help support internal and external partnerships in support of corporate communication objectives.
- Is responsible for smaller projects and/or parts of campaigns according to the set guidelines.
- Runs 2/3 designated marketing projects from start to finish
- Ensure all communications and marketing activities are accessible to everyone, such as hard-to-reach groups, and that they are in line with Devon County council's commitment to equality and diversity.
This job description outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the post. However, the post holder is also expected to undertake any other reasonable duties within his/her capabilities and the grade and scope of the job as specified by his/her line manager, including undertaking ad-hoc projects as required.
- A degree from a UK university within the last 3 years (E)
- Right to work in the UK for the duration of the internship (E)
- Achieved or working towards a marketing or communications qualification (D)
- Previous work experience (can include voluntary work, part-time employment, student society work) (E)
- Previous work experience in a communications related field (D)
- Able to carry out the duties of the post with reasonable adjustments where necessary (E)
- Excellent literacy skills (E)
- Good organisational skills (E)
- Basic design knowledge (D)
- Excellent written and verbal communications (E)
- Communications qualification (D)
- Excellent IT skills, including a comprehensive understanding of all Microsoft office applications (E)
- People skills, especially tact and patience (E)
- Excellent organisational (E)
- Use of initiative and able to learn through experience (E)
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised (E)
- Good level of creativity and innovative ideas (D)
- Strategic thinker- a broad appreciation of Local Authority democratic and political processes (D)
- Commitment to equal opportunities when carrying out their duties (E)
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW
Application closing date: 30 June 2019
Interview date: 04 July 2019
Start date: late summer 2019
End date: after 12 months, or after possible extension to 23 months