Heavy Duty Diesel Calibration Engineer
Modis are currently recruiting for an experienced Heavy-Duty Diesel Calibration Engineer whose responsibility will be for optimising the calibration of off highway diesel engines and powertrains on a growing team.
The aim is to ensure that all target criteria are met, and that the powertrain works to its full efficiency in all operating conditions. Working on a Client site & Embedded in their development team the role involves planning as well as preparation and supervision of related engine dyno testing.
You will be responsible for the assessment and documentation of test results and delivery of calibrations. This role is available at Engineer and Senior Engineer levels.
- Planning and execution of an engine development programme
- Calibration dataset development in-line with attribute targets
- Dataset validation for operational & test conditions
- Development & refining of engine test plans
- Analysis of results and preparation of recommendations
- Liaison and reporting to various functions within the organisation
- Promote robust solutions to address client issues using client portfolio of services & knowledge
- BEng in Mechanical/Automotive or related Engineering discipline
- Relevant experience within the automotive industry
- Good knowledge of Combustion Engineer Fundamentals & factors effecting emissions & performance
- Good working knowledge of Engine Management Systems and related tools and software
- Previous engine calibration experience
- Experience of co-ordinating and executing tests on engine test beds
- Excellent inter-personnel and communication skills
- Proven project management skills
If you are interested in the above role, then do submit an application.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.