This position requires an individual who is quality and delivery focussed with an advanced technical knowledge and the management and development of systems in the oil and gas sector. Manage ongoing suitability of the plant and equipment in terms of design, construction and operation across facilities, by ensuring up to date and relevant engineering standards are met, and to guarantee safety and integrity of plant and equipment. Leadership and stakeholder management skills are essential, setting objectives and goals, setting strategic direction and technical leadership. Recognises and requires flexible individuals able to think 'outside the box' and to provide innovative solutions to challenging design and operational issues.
• Oversee and coordinate the engineering activities of the assigned projects
• Ensure the design integrity of projects by systematic review of the critical engineering deliverables
• Implement processes to ensure consistency among design, operational and safety philosophies and basis of design of the assigned engineering projects
• Liaise with the relevant Technical Authority to ensure that correct engineering and HSE standards are used according to company standards and local legislation
• Take major decisions and make selections relating to the project, to ensure the most cost effective solutions
• Prepare the pertinent ITT scope of work and carry out the relevant technical bid evaluation
• Follow up of the Design Contractor, ensuring quality and timely delivery of engineering deliverables
• Monitor the engineering progress of the assigned projects and identify and manage the implementation of any steps which may be required to prevent or minimise delays and budget overruns or conditions adverse to quality objectives
• Ensure that timely and proper information is given on engineering progress of the assigned projects by preparing and issuing required reports
• Ensure all opportunities and risks are properly evaluated and lessons learned are incorporated into the design
• Prepare engineering quality plan of the assigned projects and ensure all identified steps are fulfilled
• Ensure a high standard of safety is maintained and Environmental and Quality Assurance processes are followed
Knowledge and Experience
• Strong technical background in the oil and gas industry, with specific experience in developing projects from concept through basic/FEED stages to detailed engineering/EPC if so required.
• Times served Engineering expertise in a variety of relevant disciplines in the Oil and Gas sector
• High technical knowledge and ability to offer technical support to the wider team
• Experience in management of all aspects of the project, from proposal generation to Basic/FEED with associated project change/definition challenges, to execution in various contracting styles, FPLS, reimbursable, etc.
• Ability to apply a strong technical and business focus whilst maintaining an appropriate cost/time/quality balance
• Ability to consolidate and agree work scopes, encourage project teams through short project timescales and promote and retain good client relationships
• Understanding of relevant technical codes and standards within the main engineering disciplines as required (Industry Standards and international Codes and standards)
• Excellent communication skills, ability to convey engineering issues to Company management and Partners / Stakeholders
• Strong leadership capabilities, ability to manage and unite teams working across all locations
• Ability to manage risk, handle uncertainty, strong decision making capability
• Interfacing capabilities, both Internal within the Project team and External
• Ability to introduce, challenge and integrate solutions / processes improvements
• Ideally Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline
• Member of a relevant Institution, Chartered Engineering status would be advantageous
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation.