Embedded Software Engineer
An Embedded Software Engineer with strong C Programming skills is sought by a company in the Newcastle area
The role involves software design, validation, testing and documentation in line with project requirements and company standards, generating efficient, well structured, annotated software code as defined in the design documentation and operation of simulation tools to ensure software design operates the product control system in the desired manner.
You will also conduct stability analysis of control system by operating simulation tools to ensure the product remains stable in all conditions
Other responsibilities include design, modification and integration of embedded processor cards, peripherals, interfaces and I/O circuitry to meet the functional requirements of the project system and the operating software, including all design specification, manufacturing requirements, component definition and testing documentation.
Development of next generation embedded controllers using microcontrollers / DSP's and interface software (ie serial link, Ethernet, CANbus, MOD Bus, ProphiBus)
You will need 2-3 years embedded software development with a combination of the following skills
- Knowledge of C programming language
- User of the Real Time operating Systems (RTOS) such as TI RTOS, FreeRTOS
- User of the source code management software such as SVN, Mercurial, GitHub
- Knowledge of the signal conditioning, digital and analog circuits, A/D converters, communication links such as UART, I2C, CAN, Ethernet
- Knowledge of the communication protocols, like Modbus, TCPIP
- Fluent user of the oscilloscope and software debuggers
- Practical experience of debugging electronic circuits.
- Experience in designing of electronic circuits using schematics capture tools, preferable CADSTAR.
- Experience in design schematics capture CAD tools, preferable CADSTAR and designing
- Understanding of the system control principles, software implementation of the PI regulators, use of PWM, dead time generation.
- Basic understanding of current and voltage control loops principles.
- Ability to operate simulation tools such as PLECS and/or Symmetrix to model and verify analog and digital circuits
This is an interesting and challenging role with a growing and successful engineering company. Please call Adam Jones at CDS Recruitment or click Apply Now for details