Senior Marketing Manager
A brilliant position has opened for an experienced marketing professional who will be responsible for the development and delivery of the marketing strategy across Reach's national newsbrands. You will be responsible for making our great national newsbrands even more famous and clearly positioning and amplifying them to both consumers and clients.
You will be a proactive, creative and confident marketeer with a strong understanding of the newsbrand and digital media landscape. In addition you will have a proven track record in delivering successful cross-platform campaigns in particular the creation, development, tracking and optimisation of campaigns across all digital channels. You should therefore have a very strong grasp of digital marketing tools and strategies and lead these from concept to execution on time and within budget.
The role also involves working hand in hand on some of Reach's key commercial accounts - directing innovative branded content campaigns with partners to meet the desired KPI's whilst driving digital audience. You should, therefore, be an excellent communicator, and be comfortable in dealing with a wide range of partners and agencies at varying levels of seniority.
So if you're a skilled and tenacious marketeer that lives and breathes digital and thrive working within a dynamic and fast paced environment then we want to talk to you.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Meticulously plan and execute a range of brand and commercial campaigns including the development of digital strategy , digital creative, tracking and optimisation
- Analyse and interpret data to measure and optimise performance against set objectives
- Ensure cross-platform continuity of campaigns by working with a range of commercial and editorial stakeholders
- Utilise strong analytical ability to shape and evaluate end-to-end user experience of campaigns across multiple channels and touch points
- Work with a range of key commercial partners to successfully direct and manage branded content marketing campaigns within Reach's Invention team
- Training teams on digital best practice
- Identify opportunity from the latest digital trends and news for our newsbrands and clients.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing (digital) high profile marketing campaigns, ideally within the publishing / media industry
- Strong understanding of current digital marketing strategy and best practice - in particular utilising social media
- Thorough understanding and experience in managing SEO, PPC and CRM campaigns
- Proven track record in working collaboratively with a range of senior commercial and editorial stakeholders
- Proven analytical skills and able to interpret complex data quickly - including experience in working with platforms such as Google Analytics
- A clear and effective communicator who is at ease in working with a range of clients at varying levels of seniority
- Proactive can-do attitude, willing to try new things and raise the bar
- Calm under pressure whilst managing multiple campaigns at pace
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at