Quality Control Chemist
We are working with a global contract research organisation in Manchester - due to on-going success and expansion they are looking to recruit a Quality Control Chemist to join the Quality team at their Manchester site.
Salary to GBP26,000 + benefits package
The role of QC Chemist includes undertaking of analysis for R&D and production departments - delivering results in a timely manner and within the overall scope of specified project delivery. Working with the QC Team Leader, the QCA Manager and colleagues within the company to ensure individual and company performance targets are achieved.
What you'll do:
Main Duties and responsibilities for the QC Chemist include (but not limited to):
- To perform and assist colleagues to perform qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis.
- To ensure all tasks set by the QC Team Leader and QCA Manager are completed in a timely manner and within the Quality parameters set out by the company's QMS (Quality Management System).
- Maintain accurate records of all work carried out - to a level suitable for external examination if required and in line with current Standard Operating Procedures.
- To present analytical results verbally and/or written to colleagues - and clients when required.
- To work cleanly, safely and tidy in line with company 5S policy and to influence safe working practices and comply as required.
- To keep up-dated with current practices and relevant scientific progress within Analytical Chemistry field.
Specific Responsibilities for the QC Chemist include (but not limited to):
- To work with colleagues to ensure all in-process, raw material and finished product analysis is carried out to high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- To compile and sign off on Certificates of Analysis prior to product despatch.
- To assist QC Team Leader to ensure all analytical equipment is maintained and calibrated with records kept.
- To ensure all SOPs relevant to QC laboratory are read, understood and up-dated when required.
- To support procedures for documenting specification and method details.
- To support secure and traceable storage of analytical data.
- To communicate effectively to all levels of colleagues within the company.
- Ensure familiarity with all the departments instrumentation and software systems (such as Top Spin, Chromeleon and OpenLabs chemstation).
- You'll be an organised, flexible individual with good communication and attention to detail.
- You'll be qualified to at least degree (BSc) level in a chemistry related subject with at last 1 years experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in use of MS Office, Word and Excel: chemical structure drawing and literature searching tools such as Chemdraw, ACD Labs and Reaxys.
- You will be able to commute reliably to laboratory base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Sufficiently flexible to be able travel on business if required.
Skills: HPLC, GC, LC-MS, GC-MS, analytical chemistry, NMR, FT-IR, UV-Vis, wet chemistry, GMP, GLP
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.